Plugin Contributions

Default Help customizing Confirmation Email

I realize the email address and phone of the purchaser is on the bottom of the email in the EXTRA_INFO section. However, my client wants those 3 items at the top of the email instead of the bottom with the IP info. Also, the client wants the email address to be a link so they can click it to send emails. They know they should log in and use the comments section, but unfortunately getting clients to do what they should do isn't always possible.

To recap, At the top of the email that goes to the client, I need the customer's email address to be clickable and their phone number. I do not know how to make it happen.

I have searched the forums, tried various things, etc... and cannot get it to do what I need. Someone please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help customizing Confirmation Email

The email is built in includes/classes/order.php. You want to look at about line 900 or so.

Whats happening in the next hundred lines is that a variable is being built, $email_order, that contains all the text for the text emails and an array is being built, $html_msg, that contains the same stuff but fo the html style emails.

So, you can re-arrange the order of things in this file. Post again if you need help with the PHP.

Plugin Contributions

If someone wants to change this file, shouldn't they do so in a template file? And where should that template file reside?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

If someone wants to change this file, shouldn't they do so in a template file?
    Depends if you have decided to use html format emails. Most people don't - so, I might say again the contents of the email are built in order.php and the function, I think it is zen_mail but I can't be bothered to check, is called which deals with the actual sending of the email.