Plugin Contributions

Default Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Hello,
    I am trying to install zencart for the first time and after I "successfully finished my installation" I tried to login to my admin pages but I got this message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Does anybody have any suggestion what should I check/change /do?
    Thanks a lot,
    N.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Does the shop load?

Can you create an account?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thank you very much for your prompt response.
    Yes, I can see my shop but I can't login or create an account. Also, all links, like Hardware, Software, DVD Movies, etc. work and pages are showing up (I don't know if that helps?),
    N.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have a secure certificate and enter the correct information when installing your cart?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I think you are right and I didn't have the SSL certificate while installing my zencart. I just used the default settings with "https" or something like that.
    Now, regarding to your suggestion, I went to SSL Manager for my site and created "my secure area" and I got this message: "Place any files you need to use over SSL in the "/secure" and "/secure-cgi-bin" directories that have been created for you in your home directory. "
    What files do I need to move there? Anything from my admin directory or from somewhere else or should I go and reinstall everything again with all correct information (to learn my lesson well)?
    Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

OK I reinstalled everything (2-3 times) again with different information for SSL and now, I am able to login to my admin and I am able to see my pages but only if I have SSL turned OFF (for site and admin part) and only if I have ".htaccess" file under /admin directory renamed to something else (.htaccessOLD). Well, it looks like the problem has something to do with SSL setup. Thank you very much for all your help and suggestions.