Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag add review goes to Page not found

Hi:

The store is using ZC v1.3.8a on Linux server running php as CGI. We have the following addons:

• admin profiles v1.0.7
    • Attribute Controller
    • Canada post
    • column divider pro v0.4
    • css flyout header v1.5
    • eventCal v1.0 RC1
    • how did you hear about us
    • newsletter subscribe v2.1.0
    • order steps tableless v2.2
    • personalized my account link v1.00
    • splittaxline v1.11
    • ultimate seo url v1.106
    • zen lightbox v1.5
    • hide categories
    • security_patch_v138_20090619
    • pci_patch_v13x_search.php

this store was launch in Feb and was working perfectly well. I made a test review on one of the sample database items, and sometime after the launch, I deleted the item without approving the review. I deleted my review so as not to confuse the client.

Yesterday, a registered user tried to write a review and all she got was a page not found. i followed her steps and got the same result. the url however reads http://bisousbaby.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_write&products_id=8&number_of_uploads=0

What I've tried:

1. I've checked error log in cpanel, nothing shows up in relations to this issue.
    2. I followed the debug error option explained here, but an error was not registered or saved in cache
    3. I searched the forum and could only find this post that had some related issue, though not the same.
    4. It is worth noting that i have a test database and a live db. in the test db my review is listed. Using phpMyAdmin, i exported the Reviews and Reviews Description record and imported into the live db. YES, i did a backup before starting. The record shows up in the db, in admin Home under reviews and under catalog > reviews.

Here's the rub. On the site, if you click on Reviews [more] in the sidebar, it displays the review. if you click on the Write Review below the product image on product detail page, i still get Page Not Found.

in includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php the reviews section reads:
    Code:
    <!--bof Reviews button and count-->
    <?php
      if ($flag_show_product_info_reviews == 1) {
        // if more than 0 reviews, then show reviews button; otherwise, show the "write review" button
        if ($reviews->fields['count'] > 0 ) { ?>
            <div id="productReviewLink">
    <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, zen_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_REVIEWS, BUTTON_REVIEWS_ALT) . '</a>'; ?>
                <p class="reviewCount">
    <?php echo ($flag_show_product_info_reviews_count == 1 ? TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews->fields['count'] : ''); ?>
                </p>
            </div>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, zen_get_all_get_params(array())) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_WRITE_REVIEW, BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW_ALT) . '</a>'; ?>
            </div>
    <?php
      }
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Reviews button and count -->
    Does anyone have any ideas? Please HELP.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add review goes to Page not found

And if you turn off the SEO/Write stuff?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Same result. All my sites use SEO URL and none have an issue. I did modify one page yesterday while trying to find a solution, which I don't think affects the function. the model number showed up before the image in read reviews. i modified includes/module/pages/reviews/header.php.php per this post (this link is only giving me a blank page right now.)

I checked another site I did with ZC 1.3.8a and noticed that the write review URL attached to the button does not have uploads=0 in it. I tried modifying the url in the browser, and still ended up on the page not found. most unusual.

Read reviews and review count in detail product page is working. just can't get to write reviews.

If you have a moment, can you PM me and I can give you access. I've been pulling my hair. don't know what else to try. thank you so much, Ajeh.

Plugin Contributions

The upload should not be on that ...

Example, in a normal URL for writing a review in the sidebox when on the product_info page would read:
    /index.php?main_page=product_reviews_write&products_id=12

The Write Review button would read:
    /index.php?main_page=product_reviews_write&cPath=3_10&products_id=12

I don't translate SEO/rewrites well ... but you do not appear to have that ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh:

I understand what you're saying. I have turned off SEO URL to help you out.

I checked and there is no sidebox override file for write review, so that's the default. The override file for the product info page has this link for the write reviews button:

<?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, zen_get_all_get_params(array())) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_WRITE_REVIEW, BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW_ALT) . '</a>'; ?>
    </div>

includes/filenames.php defines reads:
    define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE', 'product_reviews_write');

The only real modification we've done had to do with hiding the wholesale category from the css menu, from all product, and new products.

The pages affected were:
    includes\classes\categories_ul_generator.php
    includes\modules\pages\index\main_template_vars.php
    includes\modules\pages\login\header_php.php
    includes\modules\pages\products_all\header_php.php
    includes\templates\babyboy\templates\tpl_products_all_default.php
    includes\templates\babyboy\templates\tpl_products_new_default.php

When I do a search in the admin/developer's tools for number_of_uploads, I get these results:

/home/bisousba/public_html/includes/application_top.php
    Line #4 : $paramsToCheck = array('main_page', 'cPath', 'products_id', 'language', 'currency', 'action', 'manufacturers_id', 'pID', 'pid', 'reviews_id', 'filter_id', 'zenid', 'sort', 'number_of_uploads', 'notify', 'page_holder', 'chapter', 'alpha_filter_id', 'typefilter', 'disp_order', 'id', 'key', 'music_genre_id', 'record_company_id', 'set_session_login', 'faq_item', 'edit', 'delete', 'search_in_description', 'dfrom', 'pfrom', 'dto', 'pto', 'inc_subcat', 'payment_error', 'order', 'gv_no', 'pos', 'addr', 'error', 'count', 'error_message', 'info_message', 'cID', 'page');

/home/bisousba/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php
    Line #1621 : if (isset($_GET['number_of_uploads']) && $_GET['number_of_uploads'] > 0) {

Line #1627 : for ($i = 1, $n = $_GET['number_of_uploads']; $i <= $n; $i++) {

/home/bisousba/public_html/includes/modules/attributes.php
    Line #52 : // iii 030813 added: initialize $number_of_uploads

Line #53 : $number_of_uploads = 0;

Line #457 : $number_of_uploads++;

Line #461 : zen_draw_hidden_field(UPLOAD_PREFIX . $number_of_uploads, $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id']) . "\n" .

Line #462 : zen_draw_hidden_field(TEXT_PREFIX . UPLOAD_PREFIX . $number_of_uploads, $_SESSION['cart']->contents[$prod_id]['attributes_values'][$products_options_names->fields['products_options_id']]);

Line #606 : $_GET['number_of_uploads'] = $number_of_uploads;

Line #607 : // zen_draw_hidden_field('number_of_uploads', $_GET['number_of_uploads']);

Line #608 : zen_draw_hidden_field('number_of_uploads', $number_of_uploads);

Since I'm not sure what all these relate to, I'm no programmer, it's difficult to figure out what could be an issue. Intuition tells me it might be something to do with module/attributes.php, but since this is the default file, I must be wrong.

I don't know where else to look. I don't know how the number_of_uploads shows up in the URL. Ajeh, I know you're swamped, but I could really use your help or someone else who has the time. Thanks again.
    Last edited by newagekat; 15 Oct 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: make it easier to read

Plugin Contributions

And if you put in the proper code in the tpl_product_info_display.php for the link to be:
    Code:
    <div id="productReviewLink" class="buttonRow back"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, zen_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_REVIEWS, BUTTON_REVIEWS_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    How does that work?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh:

the code you provided takes me to READ Reviews not WRITE Reviews.

I removed the product detail info page from the override but the default page had the same issue. I uploaded a new product_info_display from a fresh install and still the Write Reviews button takes me to page not found. So it's not a link issue.

I looked at the extra pages module to see all the components required to display a page. It dawned on me that maybe it has something to do with the module section. So I checked both includes>module>sidebox>reviews.php and
    includes>module>pages>product_reviews_write to ensure I had not changed the code, then I re-uploaded both files/folders from a clean set of files. IT WORKED. Write reviews is not showing up.

Sorry for all the bother, Ajeh.

Plugin Contributions

Hate when I lose my mind ...

This appears to be working right now ... were you able to fix it? If so, what was the solution that worked for you?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: add review goes to Page not found

I am facing a similar problem with add review leading to a blank page. I am using v 1.38a and the only addition installed is the Slovak language pack and a template from template monster.

When I submit a review on the English language pages, the site works as expected i.e. the review is submitted and I am returned to the product detail page. When I submit a review on the Slovak language pages, the review is submitted but it takes you to a blank page.

I do not have any programming experience and have been slowly trying to get to grips with using Zencart. The site has not launched but can be found at
    c o h l a d a s .c o m

Appreciate any help anyone can provide as I don't know where to look.

Plugin Contributions

I could not find the blank page in creating the Review ...

I tested this in FireFox ...

Do you have this fixed now?
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast