Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping module

I am using 1.3.8a and I want to find someone that could make a modification so I can select a category or a sub category and apply Free Shipping. To my knowledge it does not exist in the version I am using. Can someone help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping module

You can use the free shipping module in Zencart and limit it to a Zone (Country, or state). For products, you can set free shipping in the product settings for each individual product that has free shipping.

Plugin Contributions

Be careful on Free Shipping ... there are 2 Free Shipping modules ...

Free Shipping freeshipper
    Free Shipping Options freeoptions

Free Shipping freeshipper is a "special" Free Shipping module to work with Free Shipping based on Always Free Shipping and 0 weight meaning Free Shipping and that is for "Everyone" ... even though there is a Zone setting in it, this is there for advanced coders for "convenience" of modifying this for special uses but doe NOT work, by default, with a Zone setting ...

Free Shipping Options freeoptions can be used based on Total, Item Count or Weight limits where you can also add a Zone for who this is Free Shipping is made available to ...

For adding Free Shipping to a Category, meaning the master_categories_id of all products in a specific categories_id ... you can do this by a SQL command, if you have too many Products to manage this manually using the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ...

1 Backup your database first, as you will be very sad if you mess up and do not ...

2 You can then issue the follow command to change ALL Products in a specific categories_id where the master_categories_id is set using:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET product_is_always_free_shipping = 1 WHERE master_categories_id = XX;
    where XX is the master_categories_id for the Products that you want to set as Always Free Shipping ...

Again, this is Free Shipping for "Everyone" regardless of Zone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have a client that wants to offer free shipping if a quantity is 10 or more for a specific sub-category of products. Can some one tell me how to set this up. I used the free shipping options to offer free shipping for purchases over $500, but can't find a way to offer a quantity purchase without conflicting with the total purchase offer.

Version is 1.3.8a
    Addons: insurance shipping module

Thanks for you help.
    Ellen Mayo
    Hosting & Design Services
    http://homshosting.com

Plugin Contributions

First comes the dreaded question ... what if 10 or more are from this category and another 5 are from other categories ...

Does this mean Free shipping for the whole order? Or are you trying to get Free Shipping on just the 10 or more products from the 1 Category and regular shipping for the rest of the order ...

Is the specific subcategory the master_categories_id for these Products?

What shipping module(s) are you using?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response. My client has decided that if a customer wants to purchase 10 items from the specific group and then add items from another category, he will free ship the entire order as long as it is going to a single destination.

We are only using UPS and USPS shipping modules.

The category is "Golden Books" and the tree is as follows:

Books>Children's>Golden Books

URL is http://www.lisleusedbooks.com

Thanks for your help
    Ellen Mayo

Plugin Contributions

But what you really need is to know what Products are in the subcategories of Golden Books and if there are 10 or more items in the order then make the order Free Shipping ... regardless of anything else in the order ... correct?

Are all of the Golden Books from the Manufacturer: Western Publishing

Also, before going further ... your site has been hacked and you need to stop and clean up that mess and apply the Security Patches ... and this would be a good time to address the Known Bug Fixes ...

Security Patches:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115

Known Bug Fixes:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response. I need to take care of the "Hacker" issue first but do not understand how you are able to tell that there is a problem on the site.

I changed the directory several months ago to something other than "admin" and installed the security patch as instructed. We have been checking the site for hacker evidence and have not seen anything.

I know they have been trying by checking the webstats for anyone trying to access the admin folder - plenty of those but since we do NOT have an admin directory, they are receiving an error message.

I have downloaded the WinMerge file as well as a full current version of ZenCart and am in the process of downloading the site to my PC for comparison.

I also downloaded a full backup of the site.

May be back for serious help since I paid for the install originally.

Thanks again
    Ellen Mayo

Plugin Contributions

Warning: Yes makes the product - Free Shipping, Shipping Address Required
    Free Shipping Module is required when all products in the order are Always Free Shipping Products

Im just getting back into zen and my customer wants free shipping on select products only..so what does the above message mean ?

Thanks
    ET

Plugin Contributions

That is just a warning that this particular Product has been marked for Free Shipping for everyone with the use of the:
    Always Free Shipping: Yes, Always Free Shipping
    To use this setting you should be sure to install the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module in the Modules ... Shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast