Plugin Contributions

Default Admin--Index Listing is not working properly

I am trying to disable all the centerboxes except for the Featured Products list. Right now it shows only the new products for the month and I want to change it. When disabled the ones I didn't want and set the Featured Products sort order to 1, none of them came up on the the site! It seems no matter how I arrange them, the New Products for Month centerbox is the only one that works.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working like it should? It seems to me I have all the proper files for Featured Products uploaded. I have since changed everything in Admin--Index Listings back to how they were. (I have ZC version 1.3.8)

I searched the tutorials and the posts and could not find this issue anywhere, please excuse if I missed it.

http://www.cornerhardware.com

Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin--Index Listing is not working properly

It looks like you dont have any featured product set up. If there is no such product featured or special or new product in your specified range, than there is no box to display. So when you enable featured products, make sure you add some featured products to display.

Plugin Contributions

I have about 30 products in my featured products. You can view them by clicking on that sidebox. but I cannot get it to show up in the centerbox.

Thanks for the response, anyone else know what may be up?

Plugin Contributions

Check the settings in the Configuration ... Index Listing ... and see what you have set on the Centerboxes ...

0 means OFF and any other value is the Sort Order to display the Centerboxes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

I did have them all set to 0 except featured products. I changed them back to the original settings until just now. I just tried setting all other centerboxes to 0 (OFF) and put all featured products instances on 1 again and still did not work.

I have no idea, but could this have anything to do with my website being a little older (circa 1998) and has changed servers/platforms a couple times since then? Would that make modifications more difficult? I would assume I could still do them, but I am new to this so I'm a little lost.

Any Ideas?

Ryan

Plugin Contributions

Your Featured Products are working ...

However ... you have most of the ones that I see 3 levels down ...

If I go to the Category above that 3rd level, I do see the Featured Products ...

If I go to the Top Level, then I do not see the Featured Products ...

I also see them if I set the cPath to 0 on the URL ...

However, they don't seem to work right with the SEO/Rewrites and I cannot tell if those are breaking things or something isn't set in the templates or the configuration correctly to manage this ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure what you mean by 3 levels down (I am sorry for my ignorance). What is top level, and so on?

I do see the Featured Products if I change the cpath to 0, but I don't even know what that is, or why it's different than the page I'm used to seeing!

Can you think of any good articles or links that may help me better understand this? I'd rather learn than continue to bombard this forum with personal questions :) I do really appreciate your help.

Plugin Contributions

Do you know how to turn off the SEO or rewrites that you are using? If so, turn them off so you can see things better ...

Usually, there is a cPath set which it the Category Path to the Product ...

This is used to determine what category is current based on how you are navigating the shop ...

If you navigate to:
    Plumbing
    Shower and Bath Accessories

you will notice that you see nothing ...

But if you went to the proper path/url:
    /index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6748_8144

you would see the Product Listing for that category and see the Featured Products ...

Since your SEO/rewrites are breaking the logic ... things are not working right for any of your navigation of the categories ...
    Linda McGrath