Plugin Contributions

Default Can I use gift certificates for donations?

This is just the topic I'd like to know more about, I hope you don't mind me butting in.

I have set up a cart with one product, a gift certificate. It's meant to be used as a donation to a non-profit org so I don't want any reference to balance. When a person buys one it shows that they can spend it...can I remove that reference? Currently this balance shows in both the 'Thank you' screen and the 'Shopping Cart' module in the sidebar.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificates

Another question: Because I only have one product (Gift Certificate) I would like to remove the text beginning with, "Gift Certificates are good for anything in the store." It's on the 'Gift Certificates' main page, but I can't find it in the tree. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Still another question: How can remove the text on all the Gift Certificate attribute pages that says "This product was added to our catalog on Monday 03 November 2003." Where is this text?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I use gift certificates for donations?

Quote Originally Posted by OneSister View Post
    This is just the topic I'd like to know more about, I hope you don't mind me butting in.
    Actually, since your topic is very different from the discussion where you posted it, I've moved it to its own.

I have set up a cart with one product, a gift certificate. It's meant to be used as a donation to a non-profit org so I don't want any reference to balance. When a person buys one it shows that they can spend it...can I remove that reference? Currently this balance shows in both the 'Thank you' screen and the 'Shopping Cart' module in the sidebar.
    I don't understand why you're using Gift Certificates at all then.
    Just use a regular product and then you won't have the gift-certificate features (purchased balances to spend/forward, descriptive text, queuing/approvals, etc) to contend with.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Still another question: How can remove the text on all the Gift Certificate attribute pages that says "This product was added to our catalog on Monday 03 November 2003." Where is this text?
    You can turn that off for *all* products using a given product-type in Admin->Catalog->Product Types->(choose product-type in question)->Edit Layout

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I use gift certificates for donations?

I would also like to edit all of these things then people could just pay an amount and we would process it towards there account we have in house. Is this possible with this mod to change much of the verbiage and make it look like it is a payment on account.