My UPS module is incorrectly calculating shipping rates for Canada Standard when the weight goes over my per box max weight.

For example, an order for 76 pounds coming from zip code 11791 to Canadian Postal Code A1A 4C4 shows as $94.28 on UPS.com using daily pickup rates. It does not seem to matter to UPS if it is 1 box or 2 (tried it both ways and rate was the same). However when my site is set to max weight of 50 pounds it rates this as 2 boxes and gives a rate of $127.16 (with $3 handling fee). When I change my stores max box weight to 80 pounds it gives the correct UPS rate of $97.28 (with $3 handling fee).

Multiple box shipments to US addresses always calculate spot on with UPS.com when adding my $3 handling fee. It appears UPS only bases Candian rates on total weight and does not take into consideration multiple boxes as they do in the US.

Is there away around this miscalculation for Candian shipments? Right now the only way is the raise the max shipping weight to some very high number but that is not practical.

Any Suggestions?

Shipping/Packaging Settings:

Country of Origin United States
Postal Code 11791
Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship 50
Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight 0:0
Larger packages - added packaging percentage:weight 0:0
Display Number of Boxes and Weight Status 3
Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status 0
Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart 2
Display Order Comments on Admin Invoice 1
Display Order Comments on Admin Packing Slip 1