Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Setting downloads to 7 day expiration with unlimited downloads

Hello!

I am in the final phase of finally getting my site up and running and have a question in regards to downloads. I wish to have an unlimited amount of downloads available to customers with an expiration of 7 days per download. Here is my concern, I have concluded that the only way to have unlimited downloads is to set the number to an unreachable limit such as 99,999 and setting the expiration to 7 days, but I do not want the 99,999 figure to show up in the checkout process. I have found the controller "define('TABLE_HEADING_DOWNLOAD_COUNT', 'Remaining')" and my intent is to disable this altogether so it no longer shows in the download process, my question being, how/where do I turn this item off??? Another option would be if there were a way to actually set the download count to "unlimited", either option would accomplish the task

My site it www.epatternjunction.com and it is not live yet, so only the check/money order option of payment is enabled.

Thank you in advance for any help!
    ~Chestnut Junction

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting downloads to 7 day expiration with unlimited downloads

And if you customized the tpl_modiues_download.php around:
    Code:
          <td class="centeredContent"><?php echo ($downloads->fields['download_maxdays'] == 0 ? TEXT_DOWNLOADS_UNLIMITED_COUNT : $downloads->fields['download_count']); ?></td>
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: still set it ridiculously high, just don't show it ...

NOTE: using your templates and overrides, of course ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you sooo much for your help Ajeh, I'm off to edit it now

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I have found the line to edit in the tpl.modules.download.php, now, newbie question, how do I edit it to either turn off or set the Download quantity to unlimited lol!

Thanks for any help!
    ~Chris

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I managed to get the remaining download count to vanish, but now I have a very frustrating and unresolved problem. My files are instant download .pdf patterns and every time I try to download the .pdf it comes across as being corrupt and cannot be opened. I have read several forum posts in regards to corrupt files and have tried several resolutions to solve this problem. I have renamed my files to eliminate any characters that may be bad and I have also zipped my pdfs then tried to download. When I download the zip then try to unpack it, they say that they are empty and will fail to unzip. The really odd part is that if I clear my internet properties then retry the zip download, it downloads fine and even unzips without a problem, but I do not think my customers will wish to go through the trouble of doing this, and furthermore, I would really like them to be able to download the pdfs directly without zipping them. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Chris Sharp
    www.epatternjunction.com

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you turn off the Redirect on the Attributes? Configuration ... Attribute Settings ...
    Download by Redirect
    Use browser redirection for download. Disable on non-Unix systems.

Note: Set /pub to 777 when redirect is true
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have download by redirect off and the permissions on my Pub folder set to 777 as per a previous thread and still have the corrupt pdf/empty zip problem Question though, the servers I am hosted on are linux/unix therefor, should'nt the download by redirect work? Another question, could this be a shared server problem that may be fixed by moving to a dedicated server? I have tried a number of fixes but the problem still periodically happens. I can attempt it once and find the pdf corrupt, but turn around and try again only to have it be perfectly fine, but then I try again, and corrupt again It is very frustrating seeing as how this is one of the last hurdles to overcome before going live with my site.

Thanks for any help!
    ~Chris
    www.epatternjunction.com

Plugin Contributions

There Redirect will work if it is setup correctly by your hosting provider to work with the symbolic link ... the .htaccess file contains in:
    /includes/pub/.htaccess
    Code:
    #prevent directory browsing -- for security
    IndexIgnore */*

Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes
    You would need to talk to your hosting provider to see what the problem is ...

Also check what the size of the file limit size is for your site ...

Test this by making a tiny zip, such as the test.php zip that comes with Zen Cart to see if there is a problem with size ...
    Linda McGrath

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut Junction View Post
    My files are instant download .pdf patterns and every time I try to download the .pdf it comes across as being corrupt and cannot be opened.
    *every* time?
    You're contradicting yourself:
    The really odd part is that if I clear my internet properties then retry the zip download, it downloads fine and even unzips without a problem
    and also:
    I have tried a number of fixes but the problem still periodically happens. I can attempt it once and find the pdf corrupt, but turn around and try again only to have it be perfectly fine
    So, you're saying it's *not* EVERY time, right?

You even started another discussion in another thread saying:
    The issue is that 90% of the pdf downloads I test will come through as corrupt
    I have read several forum posts in regards to corrupt files and have tried several resolutions to solve this problem. I have renamed my files to eliminate any characters that may be bad and I have also zipped my pdfs then tried to download.
    Those can be helpful steps to take.
    When I download the zip then try to unpack it, they say that they are empty and will fail to unzip.
    ARE the files empty? How many bytes is the zip file after downloading?
    How many bytes was it *before* downloading? ie: on the server
    I have download by redirect off and the permissions on my Pub folder set to 777 as per a previous thread and still have the corrupt pdf/empty zip problem
    777 permissions won't necessarily fix a corruption problem. It may help if files won't download at all, but usually is unrelated to corrupt content.
    Question though, the servers I am hosted on are linux/unix therefor, should'nt the download by redirect work?
    Your question suggests that the download-by-redirect doesn't work. What exactly do you mean by that? Is there a particular symptom?
    How do you know it doesn't work? Maybe it does. If it didn't, it would be telling you the download couldn't be offered.
    A corrupt file doesn't mean the symlink required for the redirect can't be created.
    A corrupt file merely means that what you received on your PC wasn't what you were expecting to receive vs the original file.
    Another question, could this be a shared server problem that may be fixed by moving to a dedicated server?
    Maybe. Maybe not.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast