Plugin Contributions

help question Half Frozen loading stuck site with text only loading

Hello,

Ive been running zencart for about a year or so now but suddenly my site has done something very odd that I just cannot seem to recover from.

Suddenly my site takes ages to load and when it does eventually load up all the pictures are missing and no links to items work I just get the basic main page text and it just sits there loading for ever telling me its loading the pictures one by one but nothing ever appears.

I have serveral backups of the site I made and I've attempted to use those with fresh installs of xampp and windows with no sucess, has anyone got any ideas of what could be causing this as im currently looking at having to rebuild the entire site from scratch I would really like to avoid this.

Ive moved the site to another system and attempted to just run the site localy with always the same result the title header of the browser loads then it kinda just hangs while it loads up just text and the site links and nothing else.

please help I be willing to donate just not to have to rebuild the whole damn site again.

Cheers
    Z

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Half Frozen loading stuck site with text only loading

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have applied the new patch and looked for hacks none found as far as i can see and this has not fixed the problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, your guess is as good as mine -- you've only explained some degree of symptoms.
    When you click the "Reply" button below, there are several "posting tips" which you've apparently ignored, since you've not included any of those details in your posts. Why people ignore those questions, I don't know.
    Without seeing your site all we can do is tell you to look up your symptoms in the FAQ area and elsewhere in the forum.

Good luck!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

this is the address

http://www.gamer-connection.com

Running on XP Windows 32bit System.

Using Xammp 1.7.0

Using Zencart 1.3.8a Full Fileset.

I use DYNDNS to redirect my domain to my fixed IP address here.

This is what I did, After almost a month attemping to restore the site from various backups I had made I gave up and decided to rebuild the entire site again from scratch took me a week finally everything was running again. This time I zipped up the whole site and burned it to a DVD to make sure nothing to affect my backup.

The site was running great for 2 weeks all new secuirty updates were applied and I even renamed the admin folder.

Then now suddenly after no input or changes it has suddenly done it again. half frozen and half stuck. When I attempt to use the domain name it wont even show up and when I use the local ip of teh server it becomes half stuck and frozen again.

I went oh god not again so I took the zipped up backup and replaced it back but it still wont come back to life what the heck is going on? Ive turned firewalls off its stuck and frozen very frustating.
    Last edited by Zellcorp; 1 Nov 2009 at 08:53 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Dont worry I figured it out, was the DYNDNS service didnt update my ip lol

sorry for the trouble