Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot update payment module details

I've just installed the Worldpay payment module and am trying to set up the details. I can edit the fields but when I click 'update' the screen just goes back to the Admin Home page. When I go back into the payment module the edits are not there.
    This seems to have happened since I installed Worldpay. I already had Paypal installed and working, but now I can't edit that either.
    Probably something simple, but I'm stuck.

Grateful for some advice. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot update payment module details

Sounds like you installed the June 2009 Admin Security patch, but didn't put all 5 files on the server properly. Sometimes people mistakenly touch the non-admin html_output file instead of the admin one, thus breaking things in both their admin and their storefront.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot update payment module details

Thanks Dr Byte, that solved my problem, in a round-about way. ;-)

All the files for the security update appeared to be in the right place, so I downloaded the html_output file and had a look at it and compared it to the manual patch procedure, just to check I had the right thing. The line of code you add for the patch had a line break in it. I removed the line-break and reloaded the file and now it works!

Don't really know how it got like that. I don't honestly recall loading the security patch, so maybe my hosting company did it and there a was a glitch somewhere? Seems a bit unlikely as I'd expect the problem to crop up with others and for it to be fixed and/or notified.
    However, it seems ok now, so that's fine.

Thanks again for putting me on the right track.