Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with different shipping rates for first and additional items???

Quote Originally Posted by beilana View Post
    I am using the latest release of Zencart. I am getting several people signing up, but nobody checking out. Then someone finally emailed me and told me the problem.

UPS seems to be adding an extra 3 pounds to the shipping weight.

Is anyone else having this problem?

How would I correct it?

Thanks,
    Go to the Configuration ... Shipping Packaging ... and set the two Tare Rates to 0:0 so that it is not adding additional weight to the order ... by default it is adding ... 3lbs ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with different shipping rates for first and additional items???

Thank you Ajeh!

I think that did the trick.

Plugin Contributions

What was the purpose for putting the products_model words in the boxes in the first place? It is necessary, right? Now I ask you how to upload my Excel documents into the inventory. I watched someone do it once for me, but after moving, he isn't around me now and I can't remember exactly what he did to get it through. I remember he had to try quite a few times to get it to actually upload, tweaking little things until it worked. No rush on that question, you got the hard stuff fixed for me already. I am just chomping at the bit to get all of my stuff into the store as fast as possible and I have some spreadsheets ready to go. That would save a truckload of time. The Zen Cart Crew gets the credit and I will leave some of the Zen Cart logos on my pages at the bottom and direct people's attention to them occasionally.

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure how you are adding your products, but the "key" to your shipping is what is in the products_model field ...

What is typed in there is what is being used for the "counts" of the cards, hotwheels and shoes ...

Now if you are using that for something else, such as importing/exporting products then ... houston, we have a problem ...

If that is the case, then you need to have things further customized to add a unique field to your products table used for shipping ... so that there isn't a problem with wiping out that information with unique products_model values that you may find you need for importing/exporting your products ...

If this is needed, then just clone the products_model field in both the Catalog and Admin ... easy smeazy, eh?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I think that those model field names are already in lowercase based on the fact that they counter worked when I had them in lowercase in the fields the first time around.

No, I don't need the field for anything else (unless the cart says I need it to import), just trying to save time punching all of these in by hand, one at a time. If I do need the field for our custom cart, which it appers that I do, being the KEY and all, I would be better off just loading these up by spreadsheet. It was taking a long time punching these in individually last night, so I started leaning towards asking the Zen Cart Master again (that would be you) about the importing process. If I can import, then it is not a big deal to make up a new model field and model numbers in a spreadsheet. I can just type in one of them and then drag the box down and it will automatically count for me, easy smeazy, eh? LMAO!!

I didn't know that there was more than one way to add products. Any hints on what to do for this import thing?? Do I need to have a product_model for importing purposes? Is there a way to upload right to the database, myphpadmin? I can get into the database and play in there a little, but I am not really sure what process to do or what buttons to push. You have done enough already and if this is too much, that is perfectly OK. I just figured that if it's working out by asking you, why change it and risk asking someone who doesn't care about my store as much as you have already. Let me know when you get time, no more special attention for me. I have had my share. I have many, many other things to work on to keep me busy. Thanks for being there for me, Ajeh.

Kristofer

Plugin Contributions

You need to have the products_model filled with the correct word for the three prices ...

How you get it in there is up to you ...

I am not familiar with how you are importing so you will have to see what you can do with that ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

No worries. I will get to it later. I am still super happy about the shipping resolution! Nothing else that still needs to be done can hold the store up. It is just a matter of time, or I guess I could say a matter of how lazy I want to be. Thanks!

Kristofer

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear it ... good luck with your shop!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I am not sure how you are adding your products, but the "key" to your shipping is what is in the products_model field ...

What is typed in there is what is being used for the "counts" of the cards, hotwheels and shoes ...

Now if you are using that for something else, such as importing/exporting products then ... houston, we have a problem ...

If that is the case, then you need to have things further customized to add a unique field to your products table used for shipping ... so that there isn't a problem with wiping out that information with unique products_model values that you may find you need for importing/exporting your products ...

If this is needed, then just clone the products_model field in both the Catalog and Admin ... easy smeazy, eh?

Remember this above? Houston, we do have a problem. I did actually figure out how to Easy Populate, but as you predicted, I need the products_model field for that. You suggested duplicating the products_model field, but since that is an absolute must for EP, I am afraid that the system will detect both products_model fields and possibly screw up the uploading process. Is there another field I can double up on and not have to worry about interference? Hinting the location of that potential other field, like you did above, will save me a year of searching for it. LOL!

Plugin Contributions

I would need to sit down and write the code to make a new field for the "key" to your product types ...

What I meant by duplicate the products_model field is just that ...

Everywhere there is a products_model used in the Admin, there would be a new field:
    products_shipping_key

or something like that ...

It doesn't need to "show" on the Catalog, just use it in place of the products_model on the shipping module ...

It is not difficult to write this, it is just time consuming ...

As I say, a search on:
    products_model
    model

in the Admin via the Developers Tool Kit should show you all of the places that need to have the code customized ...

If you get totally lost on this ... you may PM me to di$cu$$ a $olution to thi$ problem ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast