I admit it, I'm totally confused and decided to ask for help before I make things worse. I'm still working on Avianoutfitters.com and my final issue involves shipping.

This client is drop shipping all of its orders from 5 different suppliers around the US. Shipping applies to all items except for CAGES, which are free shipping. I have set up a UPS account for the client and installed the UPSXML Module. I've also turned on Free Shipping and the cages are marked Always Free Shipping in their product details. I also have installed Advanced Shipper Module and to deal with the different suppliers; it should calculate shipping based on zip codes of suppliers and customers. At least I hope it does.

Anyway, I just tested purchasing a cage. On SC Contents page it shows Weight as 0lbs even though it has 285 lbs on its product details page.

If I click the Estimate Shipping button it gives UPS calculations based on a zero weight.

With the free shipping, should this be blank? If I click Go to Checkout, it shows Free Shipping plus some UPS calculations, now based on a weight of 3 lbs!

I think since its free shipping there should not even be a UPS calculation here!

For grins I added more items to the cart from two different suppliers. When I clicked on Calculate Shipping it pulled up a ridiculously convoluted page of formulas, calculations and other confusing stuff. PDF here. Clicking Continue Checkout pulls all the same stuff into a page.

HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! Can anyone out there tell me what I need to do to get my shipping issue under control? I'm desperate!