Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping Still Shows UPS Ship Options

I admit it, I'm totally confused and decided to ask for help before I make things worse. I'm still working on Avianoutfitters.com and my final issue involves shipping.

This client is drop shipping all of its orders from 5 different suppliers around the US. Shipping applies to all items except for CAGES, which are free shipping. I have set up a UPS account for the client and installed the UPSXML Module. I've also turned on Free Shipping and the cages are marked Always Free Shipping in their product details. I also have installed Advanced Shipper Module and to deal with the different suppliers; it should calculate shipping based on zip codes of suppliers and customers. At least I hope it does.

Anyway, I just tested purchasing a cage. On SC Contents page it shows Weight as 0lbs even though it has 285 lbs on its product details page.

If I click the Estimate Shipping button it gives UPS calculations based on a zero weight.

With the free shipping, should this be blank? If I click Go to Checkout, it shows Free Shipping plus some UPS calculations, now based on a weight of 3 lbs!

I think since its free shipping there should not even be a UPS calculation here!

For grins I added more items to the cart from two different suppliers. When I clicked on Calculate Shipping it pulled up a ridiculously convoluted page of formulas, calculations and other confusing stuff. PDF here. Clicking Continue Checkout pulls all the same stuff into a page.

HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! Can anyone out there tell me what I need to do to get my shipping issue under control? I'm desperate!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    DebiWebi
    http://www.tejadadesign.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Still Shows UPS Ship Options

Sounds like your Shipping Module does not do any of the normal testing that the other shipping modules do to manage Free Shipping ...

Compare the standard UPS shipping module and look for the $this->enabled and how it also checks for Free Shipping to hide it ...

Then look at your add on shipping module and you can duplicate that piece of code so that it functions where only the Free Shipping module shows or the UPS shipping module shows ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Still Shows UPS Ship Options

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. I had also sent this post to Advance Shipper (Ceon) because I wasn't sure whether it was a Zen Cart or Advance Shipper issue.

I received a same-day reply from them also explaining that I had two things set up incorrectly. One was I needed to turn off the UPSXML Module because it isn't needed when using the AS Module and the other was I had Debug turned on which was causing all the extra text to appear on the shipping charts. There were a couple of other minor settings that I needed to change and now it all works perfectly.

I have to say the support for the Advance Shipping Module is stellar! Considering they are in northern Ireland so there's a big time difference from where I am and the fact that I received very detailed personal responses from them even on Sunday, well I just can't say enough good things about them!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    DebiWebi
    http://www.tejadadesign.com