Plugin Contributions

Default Can't get a Linkpoint connection on cloned server

I'm currently running ZC 1.3.6 on arc-zone.com with no issues. I have built a new server, which is a clone of the live server, running on arc-zone.info (closed to the public) that runs concurrently with the live server. Basically we just wanted to upgrade the hardware and the OS and have a place to test before going live.

Anyway, Zen Cart (same version) functions fine on the new server except that Linkpoint transactions don't go through. I can get shipping estimates. It forwards transactions to Paypal without incident. But the message onscreen from Zen Cart after I hit "confirm" in step 3 is: "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are presently unable to contact the Credit Card company for authorization. Please contact the Store Owner for payment alternatives." This happens in testing or live mode.

FYI: I have port 1129 open, the pem file is exactly where it was (same file) on the live server, using the same store id and curl is working. And the server can connect to any other site on the internet (it's not a general connectivity issue).

When I run the curltest script with the linkpoint option this is what comes back:

7 Failed to connect to 208.72.248.102: Permission denied
    Array
    (
    [url] => "https://secure.linkpt.net:1129/LSGSXML"
    [http_code] => 0
    [header_size] => 0
    [request_size] => 0
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0
    [namelookup_time] => 0.006236
    [connect_time] => 0
    [pretransfer_time] => 0
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => 0
    [upload_content_length] => 0
    [starttransfer_time] => 0
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

Obviously, it's not getting an HTTP response which is bad. I'm thinking either it's being rejected because my IP is different than the live server or there are two active, duplicate pem files.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicating a Linkpoint connection

Quote Originally Posted by openvista View Post
    7 Failed to connect to xxxxxxx: Permission denied
    Error #7 means "failed to connect"
    "Permission denied" seems to be the "cause" of the #7 error, and thus appears to be the issue you need to sort out.

I suspect it's a restriction in your server's SELinux configuration:
    - - http://www.lightenna.com/news/tech_r...with_your_curl
    - - http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/use...ry/010058.html
    - - http://forum.nusphere.com/viewtopic.php?t=3748#19129 (last 2 posts)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get a Linkpoint connection on cloned server

Sure enough. Gosh, I should have thought of that. As soon as I disabled SELinux, the curl test went right through. Now, I've just got to figure out how to make a policy for it in SEL because I don't like leaving it disabled.

Thanks for the help, though!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The first link I posted above gives an idea of a setting to adjust in SELinux config:
    By default 'Allow HTTPD scripts and modules to connect to the network' is unticked in 'system-config-securitylevel' ('SELinux' tab). Relaxing this security restriction solved the problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, for me, using CentOS 5.4, I don't have the option mentioned in my system config network tui. He's using Fedora. I had to manually enter the following command: "setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect=1" which accomplishes the same thing. Again, thanks for your help!!