ok I followed the instructions and it didn't take much to figure everything out. Just a few minor questions. I PM'd you but after diving in the SQL coding I figured it out (Almost)
Is there some reason that (when following your guideline) that the column names don't line up? On the columns C1:???1 don't line up with the appropriate descriptions at the bottom in the "8th" row. It's like it is 1 column off. I've done this twice now, but I double checked and there is no "products_description" in the "products" table. I know that you merged the two tables together in Excel, but just as a question, Did you forget to put the products_description in there? I noticed you went up to D1 and pasted the info in, but your cells were one off. You added the description at C10 and D10 but you pasted the info in D1. Just a though but I would have thought you would have pasted in the Field name in C1 instead of D1, unless I am mistaken.
Maybe I did something wrong and I should go back and re-double-double check things again. It only took about 40 minutes to set it all up, so it's not that difficult, but I just wondered if there was an error in the coding or if I'm just being paranoid about things. I need to set up Zencart on my PC here so I can see if it works as well before I dump it into my catalog on my .com
I have to say this is one of the most INCREDIBLE ideas I have ever seen. Made me toss out the java populator program I was working on for it. Please keep up the good work! ::tup
P.S. if you want to see the excel sheet that I have of this, I have no problem posting it. All of the data is getting a fresh start and the new prices are going in as soon as I do this so the data in it is :yk. Thanks again!
- Josh (Your Resident Non-Search Box User) ;)