Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

It's amazing what sleep can do.
    Carry on. I'm making progress.
    Call you if I mangle it.

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by paulm@Feb 22 2006, 09:52 AM
    That sound logical to me :-)

In that case it would be nice if the Zen Cart script, or some contribution for Zen Cart, would help to generate these unique model numbers. By optionally adding the products_id to the model number for example? Would that be a good idea?
    ok, that sounds acceptable enough. However: this means I am out of options with ZenCart for my products: I do need to display a couple of columns: Name, Height (used model here) Size (used Weight here) and Price.

The "De Luxe" solution would be to create two extra fields in the database: Height and Size and leave Model and Weight for what they are. Perhaps I can indeed use the model field to uniquely tag my products.

Now, if I would do this would I not head straight into some sort of update hell? I would have to hack away with every single small or larger update to either EP or ZC...

I am not afraid to make my hands dirty, but is this what others do? The problem is: I am not a programmer.... (but very good a t copy-paste and trial-and-error :-) )

Anyone with a workable solution?

This thread is rather old... Has any one greated any wizz-bang gui's yet?

An iterating wizard that simply remembers some handy defaults would do for initial cart import (and a DO-THE-LOT option)

also maybe the reverse of this thread (IE exporting to CSV/excel/something) would be a flexible interim step - or just some update/insert stock routines would do the trick.

Either way - if I have missed a doozy someone let me know - Ive got 1500 stock items to add. no digital data source for prices/catagories/itemText and a 1500 pictures to match em up to...

sigh...

your unexpectantly

si.

~?>#segFault...
    ------------------
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>segmentation fault - An error in which a running Unix program attempts to access memory not allocated to it and terminates with a segmentation violation error and usually a core dump.</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

Plugin Contributions

Do you mean something like Easypopulate or Data Manager?

Plugin Contributions

This was very helpful, and i did manage to get everything to work, but i am still a little leery of using it, naturally.
    I have only one use for it right now, which is to delete a long list of category names that cog imported by a faulty use of easy populate.

I have emptied the categories such there are no products for them, but it would be nice to be able to just delete the wayward elements in the categories table, and I assume i would have to do category descriptions table as well. but as everything is linked together in ways only the gods really understand, i wonder if there is more to it?

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by asllearner@Mar 12 2006, 10:14 PM
    This was very helpful, and i did manage to get everything to work, but i am still a little leery of using it, naturally.
    I have only one use for it right now, which is to delete a long list of category names that cog imported by a faulty use of easy populate.
    Oh good lord, you&#39;re a glutten for punishment&#33;

If you&#39;re dealing with more than 20 or so products, or ANY kind of mass move or change, the admin interface is not made for this.
    Zen Cart admin, as is, is fine for 20-30 products. For any other change, we just export the easypopulate excel file, change, then re-import. Don&#39;t be afraid to play - that&#39;s why you backup the db before each change&#33; (You DO backup the db, don&#39;t you?&#33;?)

tanks K.

Ill check em out :)

Im loving this whole cart thing though I have to say.

no amount of uncorrelated data could ruin it for me...

::frust

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to answer, point and link for me ::tup

hero&#33;
    ~?&gt;#segFault...
    ------------------
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>segmentation fault - An error in which a running Unix program attempts to access memory not allocated to it and terminates with a segmentation violation error and usually a core dump.</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

Data manager...

I tried it. looks great. but I think anyone with non standard table prefixes should check through the code 1st....

I didnt... ouch.

:)

I told the designer dude on his forum... he seems a nice helpful person reading through his posts. Great.

::tup
    ~?&gt;#segFault...
    ------------------

Plugin Contributions

Being the designer dude, I&#39;d like to ask if you ran the sql through the ZC admin or not, like I suggested? ;)

Edit: let&#39;s not hijack the thread though, pm me if you need help with it. ;)

since I dissed you here
    I should undiss you here.

I am an idiot, I did not follow the SIMPLE instructions.

forgive me.

it is great.

(doh&#33;) ::frust

hope that helps put anyone who thinks I am not an idiot straight

::tup
    ~?&gt;#segFault...
    ------------------

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast