Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Juxi,

ok I followed the instructions and it didn't take much to figure everything out. Just a few minor questions. I PM'd you but after diving in the SQL coding I figured it out (Almost)

Is there some reason that (when following your guideline) that the column names don't line up? On the columns C1:???1 don't line up with the appropriate descriptions at the bottom in the "8th" row. It's like it is 1 column off. I've done this twice now, but I double checked and there is no "products_description" in the "products" table. I know that you merged the two tables together in Excel, but just as a question, Did you forget to put the products_description in there? I noticed you went up to D1 and pasted the info in, but your cells were one off. You added the description at C10 and D10 but you pasted the info in D1. Just a though but I would have thought you would have pasted in the Field name in C1 instead of D1, unless I am mistaken.

Maybe I did something wrong and I should go back and re-double-double check things again. It only took about 40 minutes to set it all up, so it's not that difficult, but I just wondered if there was an error in the coding or if I'm just being paranoid about things. I need to set up Zencart on my PC here so I can see if it works as well before I dump it into my catalog on my .com

I have to say this is one of the most INCREDIBLE ideas I have ever seen. Made me toss out the java populator program I was working on for it. Please keep up the good work! ::tup

P.S. if you want to see the excel sheet that I have of this, I have no problem posting it. All of the data is getting a fresh start and the new prices are going in as soon as I do this so the data in it is :yk. Thanks again!

- Josh (Your Resident Non-Search Box User) ;)

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by opentrees@May 5 2005, 01:31 AM
    Yes!! it works! I created the code generating workbook in excel.

I get an error when running in MYsql though:

Code:
    products_ id = 43 LIMIT 1
    I think it was error #1064 I believe.

NEVER GIVE UP

PS, does this also work for images?
    Yup, I get the exact same error.

My SQL statement is this:

UPDATE products SET products_model = GM2359TB WHERE products_ id = 1 LIMIT 1;

The error is this:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'id = 1 LIMIT 1' at line 1

Any advice or help on this would be nice. :) SQL PWNZ me :) ::tup

Plugin Contributions

Might toss some quote marks around the: GM2359TB
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'd suggest you change your output formula to put quotes around the model number, so it looks like this:

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_model = 'GM2359TB' WHERE products_ id = 1 LIMIT 1;

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by DrByte@May 19 2005, 10:40 PM
    I'd suggest you change your output formula to put quotes around the model number, so it looks like this:

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_model = 'GM2359TB' WHERE products_ id = 1 LIMIT 1;
    I've tried rewriting the SQL Statement to have it put quotes around the GM59* and also the first "1" in the [1 LIMIT 1] section coding. I still get the error. I'm checking my SQL statements but from what I know, they are coming up good.

Plugin Contributions

You have a space in products_id
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ajeh@May 19 2005, 10:46 PM
    You have a space in products_id
    Holy crap, I just saw that. I couldn't see it at all in the excel spreadsheet or the PHPMyAdmin here. I would have enver even seen it if I hadn't recieved the email that there was a response for this thread.

Hmm... It took, but I can't peek into the SQL table to check. I'll post more on this here in a few minutes.

Also sorry for the double post. You can delete it if need be to save DB room :)

Plugin Contributions

Ok,

It's taking the SQL statement, but its giving me this:

UPDATE products SET products_model = 'GM2359TB' WHERE products_id =1 LIMIT 1 ;

~~> # MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

It told me that the query WAS successful though....

I wonder if it is because I am only updating 2 fields in the table and not the entire table.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

0 rows returned means nothing was found where products_id=1

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Also, if you follow Juxi's instructions, you have to play with the Excel sheet a little bit, but I have this formula modified to automatically put the ' around the product_model that is read out of the Excel Spreadsheet:

=$A$1&$F$8&"'"&F11&"'"&$A$2&E11&$A&#0 36;3 set in A10 (note this is NOT a QTY update, but a model and a product ID update)

Posted By DrByte:## 0 rows returned means nothing was found where products_id=1
    Well this IS a blank DB that I am testing it on. I wonder why it is coming back with nothing. Hmmm.... It should be putting the info into the DB instead of returning nothing. It's pulling that info straight out of the Excel sheet too. ::frust

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast