Plugin Contributions

Default Newbie getting this php error when trying to setup

I have followed the instructions uploading zen cart to my unix server and changed all permissions. When I try to install I get these errors. I am useing Zen Cart V1.3.8 Any ideas?

Warning: main(../../zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/zc_install/includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/cu/customcartsunlimited.com/public_html/zencartstore/zc_install/index.php on line 20

Warning: main(../../zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/zc_install/includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/cu/customcartsunlimited.com/public_html/zencartstore/zc_install/index.php on line 20

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/zc_install/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4cgi/lib/php') in /export/home/cu/customcartsunlimited.com/public_html/zencartstore/zc_install/index.php on line 20

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie getting this php error when trying to setup

I'm attempting to install version 1.3.8a and getting the similar errors. When I attempt to load zc_install/index.php in a browser, I get a blank page. I tried going through the install steps listed in the docs: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=107 but it didn't help. Still get a blank page. The apache error log shows the errors similar to those posted above. Here's a sample:

[Mon Nov 23 15:39:10 2009] [error] [client 64.81.113.171] PHP Warning: include(../../../zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/zc_install/includes/includes/installer_params.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/zen-cart/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 41
    [Mon Nov 23 15:39:10 2009] [error] [client 64.81.113.171] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '../../../zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/zc_install/includes/includes/installer_params.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/zen-cart/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 41

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

I reinstalled and was very careful to make sure permissions was set right and it worked.

Good Luck

Plugin Contributions

Yep, reinstall fixed mine too. Looks like .zip file was created on a Windows box. It was full of weird end of line characters. Once I realized that, I unzipped it using -a to normalize things, reuploaded, and it worked perfectly. Probably the .zip was targeted at Windows users anyway but I couldn't find a conventional .tar.gz anywhere. Oh well...