Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem upgrading into new sql database

I am attempting to upgrade from zen 1.3.7 to 1/3/8. I have gotten as far as the database setup page.
    I have the correct database name, host, username, password. I have input these just as I did for my original database. However, zen says it cannot recognize the database.
    The only difference in how my new database is set up is that the original store was hosted on a subdomain of my main domain so the database name is db.storelstitchinthyme.com. The new one is db2.stitchinthyme.com. The new zen folder is within that domain in a folder called zen_new. Could that be why the installer is not recognizing the db?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem upgrading into new sql database

Sounds like maybe you're using the wrong DB_PREFIX setting?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds like maybe you're using the wrong DB_PREFIX setting?
    How can I know what prefix setting to use? I have used str as that is what I see in the zen_new/includes/configure file. The error I am getting is this:
    1146 Table 'storedata2.strconfiguration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [update strconfiguration set configuration_value='/home/USERNAME/DOMAIN.com/zen_new/cache' where configuration_key = 'SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY']

Do you see anything else I could be doing wrong?
    I have tried setting the SQL cache method to NONE and checking NO for database sessions, but get the same error message.

The following is what is shown in my config. file. (identifying info changed to xxxxx). Maybe that will show if I am doing this right.

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'str');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'storedata2.stitchinthyme.com');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'storedata2');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/xxxxxxxxxx/stitchinthyme.com/zen_new/cache');

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What was in the *old* one, by comparison?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It looks the same to me, unless I'm missing something. Of course, the directory is slightly different because the new install (zen_new) is in my main domain and the old store is in a sub domain called store.stitchinthyme.com. The new database is in stitchinthyme.com

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'str');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'storedata.store.stitchinthyme.com');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'storedata');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/xxxxxxxxxxx/store.stitchinthyme.com/cache');

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cpaulson View Post
    I am attempting to upgrade from zen 1.3.7 to 1/3/8. I have gotten as far as the database setup page.
    Can you copy-and-paste-here what you see on that page?
    I have the correct database name, host, username, password. I have input these just as I did for my original database. However, zen says it cannot recognize the database.
    I'm not understanding where/when you say "it cannot recognize the database".
    The only difference in how my new database is set up is that the original store was hosted on a subdomain of my main domain so the database name is db.storelstitchinthyme.com. The new one is db2.stitchinthyme.com.
    Are those the database NAMEs? or are they addresses to the server?
    (It's a little rare to use periods in database names, although shouldn't be problematic if it's accurate.)
    The new zen folder is within that domain in a folder called zen_new. Could that be why the installer is not recognizing the db?
    If the paths on the server aren't pointing it to the right location for the /includes/configure.php file of the database/store you want to upgrade, then it won't be able to identify the details in that file in order to connect to the appropriate database.

Plugin Contributions

Can you copy-and-paste-here what you see on that page?
    I'm not understanding where/when you say "it cannot recognize the database".
    I guess that's confusing as the original message said it could not recognize it. Now it is the other error message I copied about not recognizing the file in the cache.
    Are those the database NAMEs? or are they addresses to the server?
    (It's a little rare to use periods in database names, although shouldn't be problematic if it's accurate.)
    The database names are storedata2 and storedata. The addresses to the server are storedata2.stitchinthyme.com and storedata.store.stitchinthyme.com
    If the paths on the server aren't pointing it to the right location for the /includes/configure.php file of the database/store you want to upgrade, then it won't be able to identify the details in that file in order to connect to the appropriate database.
    Now this is what is confusing me. The instructions said to create a new database and to install the upgrade into the new database and test everything to be sure it is working with all the customizations, etc. before changing back to the original database. At least that is how I understood I needed to do. I put the new zen folder into the other domain to be sure they didn't get confused or overwritten. Maybe I'm not going about this right. If I did not have two domains, where would I put the zen_new folder with the upgrade I need to install?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't really want to rewrite the upgrade instructions here again.

In summary, you start by doing exactly the same as if you're moving to a new server:
    1. make a new folder and new database for your "new" store. Install Zen Cart there and get it running properly using supplied demo data. Be sure to use the SAME db_prefix for the new site as the old one
    2. update your PHP (and everything else too) files by copying ALL EXCEPT the 2 configure.php files from your old site to new one
    3. import a copy of your old database into/overtop of your new database
    4. test that the entire site is working properly as a duplicate of your live site

Then you upgrade:
    5. now you upgrade your PHP files by merging changes (file by file) from the new version into your working "copy" site
    6. then you run zc_install on the new site and choose the database-upgrade option

Plugin Contributions

2. update your PHP (and everything else too) files by copying ALL EXCEPT the 2 configure.php files from your old site to new one
    3. import a copy of your old database into/overtop of your new database
    It appears I have done all the steps except step 2. I didn't realize I was supposed to copy the old store into the zen_new folder. Do I merge the files with those in the newly downloaded zen_new folder or do I keep my current "store" in a separate folder within the zen_new folder?

I attempted step 3, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

For copying my old database into the new one, I did try that several times and it didn't seem to work. I thought I had set it to copy into the new db a few times, but, when I finished, it wasn't there. I guess I will have to go back to my PHP my admin and try to figure that one out. Maybe I can get my host to explain how to do it.

Plugin Contributions

It has taken me a while and a lot of hair tearing, but I think I now have everything set up to upgrad__and it still won't work. I have made the following changes as outlined in the tutorial.

I have a new zen folder in a new directory. I have copied my customizations into the new folder.

I have the data from my old database imported into the new database for testing the upgrade.

I have updated both config. files to reflect the new info:
    Admin folder has been named admin for the purpose of installation.

DB has been named and the domain path is set in the config. files.

Everything should be working now, but now I can't get access to the upgrade page. I get a page that says "You are not in upgrade mode" ...all files will be overwritten if I install.

I have checked the configuration files several times and can't find anything I have missed.

I am on the web page that says "Setup_ System Inspection." Everything looks ok. All the files are green with OK after them, except one thing with al alert that my host says that is ok, too. (the line that says "PHP API Mode = cgi-fcgi "

I can't figure out why it won't let me upgrade. Any help would be appreciated. I feel I'm out of my league here and that's the reason I've resisted upgrading so long...until I got hacked. Now it's imperative that I accomplish this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast