Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Easy Populate v 1-2-5-7

Zen Cart 1.3.8a

I am starting a new thread as I can't find any info on the current easy populate addon and I have searched and searched the existing easy populate threads... for a few hours!

Have installed the ep addon and downloaded existing product file. I then tried uploading the same file (before even opening and editing) and found it would import the first 3 products only. After that the error message for remaining products was:

MySQL error 1110: Column 'products_last_modified' specified twice
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO zen_products SET

So.... I deleted all the other products except for the first 3. Uploaded the file and it imported fine.

I then opened in the file in TextPad and duplicated the last product, uploaded and it imported fine with 4 products.

I tried changing the model number (first column) and got the original error message. I changed the model number back to the duplicate of product 3 and it worked. I can change anything in that row EXCEPT the model number.

Here is the successful upload:

UPDATED! - Model: BHL80040 | red-heart- | Heart Lamp | 7x7x6cm | | | | | 10 | 0 | 05/11/2009 | 06/08/2009 | 1000 | Crystal Co | Candles | | | | | | | --none-- | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | |
    UPDATED! - Model: GB-Lily 2 | votive-set | Scented Vo | Lily of th | | | | | 8 | 0 | 05/11/2009 | 06/08/2009 | 1000 | Crystal Co | Candles | | | | | | | --none-- | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | |
    UPDATED! - Model: SM5556 | Star-Tea-L | Star Tea L | Star Tea L | | | | | 12 | 0 | 05/11/2009 | 06/08/2009 | 1000 | Crystal Co | Candle Hol | | | | | | | --none-- | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | |
    UPDATED! - Model: SM5556 | Star-Tea-L | New Produc | Star Tea L | | | | | 12 | 0 | 05/11/2009 | 06/08/2009 | 1000 | Crystal Co | Candle Hol | | | | | | | --none-- | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | |

And here is one of the complete error messages where I changed the model number in the 4th product:

products_model = 'TM5556' ,
    products_price = '12' ,
    products_image = 'Star-Tea-Light-Holder2.jpg' ,
    products_weight = '0' ,
    products_tax_class_id = '' ,
    products_last_modified = '2009-05-11 20:27:00' ,
    products_date_added = '2009-06-08 20:31:00' ,
    products_last_modified = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,
    products_quantity = '1000' ,
    master_categories_id = '2' ,
    manufacturers_id = '1',
    products_status = '1',
    metatags_title_status = '0',
    metatags_products_name_status = '0',
    metatags_model_status = '0',
    metatags_price_status = '0',
    metatags_title_tagline_status = '0'

I don't understand where the duplicate products_last_modified is coming from. Help anyone??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate v 1-2-5-7

Artisan -

#1 Thanks for starting a new thread. The others are getting long and are not for the csv versions.

#2 I am not including your text because it is so large.

If I remember my SQL correctly, the error you are getting is about the fields defined for the INPUT and not the data unless the process is seeing something and duplicating the field.

What struck me first was that I see no fields at the top of the input (maybe you were trying to save space in your posting). Secondly, the separators are they tabs or commas? I have had no trouble with commas and I have not tried tabs.

I can't say that I have downloaded and then uploaded the same file. In fact, our data is in an Access database internally that I use to create a new csv file for loading. Originally, I used Excel and again created a new file each time.

SO - my first suggestion is to see if you can create a new/fresh upload file, including headers and see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how that goes and hopefully we both learn something in the process that will help others.

Plugin Contributions

One more guess - hidden characters

In the past these have been my biggest problem. Some software does not show non-standard ASCII characters and Excel was really bad at adding them. One routine we had to use was to LTRIM and RTRIM all the fields before uploading.

Be very careful about cutting and pasting. Also try retyping.

Plugin Contributions

OK two problems
    #1 I am using 1.2.5.6 so I was not getting the error. I'll fix that once 1.2.5.7 is fixed

#2 As I suspected, the error is in the SQL code of admin/easypopulate.php. I am not sure why you were not getting this on the very first item. The error is actually repeated 2X in the code at lines 1776-1776 & 1830-1832 (cut and paste is great as long as you don't copy your mistakes!)

BAD CODE products_last_modified = '" . $v_last_modified."' ,
    products_date_added = $v_date_added ,

GOOD CODE
    products_date_available = '" . $v_date_avail."' ,
    products_date_added = $v_date_added ,

IF you do not fell comfortable editing the file then you may need to wait for Mustafa to fix the file.

Plugin Contributions

I just did a review of the changes - line by line comparison and there are a few things that bother me about 1.2.5.7

It looks like a replace all was done the changed most if not all instances of "date_avail" to "last_modified" (lines 473, 477, 571, 734, 1293, 1348, 1736, 1774, & 1830
    I'm not sure if that was the intention. It seems to me the better way to go would be to add the date_modified lines instead of replacing the date_avail

This also brings up a point I have often felt to express - people who post mods should either be required to create a thread OR put a contact link so that such issues can be brought to their attention. I would post a modification if I felt more confidence in what I was doing.

Thanks to Mustafa for the work he has done on this

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I am trying to import products with EP 1.2.5.7 csv. Everything is perfect in the file but it will not import any products.
    I am a store owner... not a programmer or developer.
    Can anyone tell me what this message means:

"An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer"

And in the debug logs text it says:

"MySQL error 1110: Column 'products_last_modified' specified twice
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO zen_products SET"

Thanks
    larryr

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know how to deal with the....
    "MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'p.EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS' in 'field list'" message that keeps coming up when I try to upload my csv?

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=larryr;803618]Hi
    "An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer"
    And in the debug logs text it says:
    "MySQL error 1110: Column 'products_last_modified' specified twice
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO zen_products SET".......

I managed to fix my "mysql error 1054" problem, but now i'm faced with this same problem as yours. The "products_last_modified" category is indeed listed twice in the error log. One has a "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" in the field and one has nothing. Any ideas, anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Use Easy Populate Version 1.2.5.4..works fine with zencart 1.3.8.a.
    Langers Modhole at
    http://modhole.com/modhole/index.php...11034d58f7ea8d
    with Wiki at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    Use Easy Populate Version 1.2.5.4..works fine with zencart 1.3.8.a.
    Langers Modhole at
    http://modhole.com/modhole/index.php...11034d58f7ea8d
    with Wiki at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate
    I appreciate your thoughts but 1.2.5.6 works fine for me and with a few fixes 1.2.5.7 will too.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast