Plugin Contributions

Default Can't add clips in Music Manager & can't upload pics in Products

Hi-

I've had this Zen Cart store for about 2 years now and have successfully set up about 20 CD's so far.

It's been about a year since I last added a new CD. When I tried to add the CD image through the products page yesterday, it wouldn't upload the image associated with the CD. The status bar at the bottom of my browser acted like it was updating, but when I get to the preview page, the image isn't there.

I did not receive any error messages at all and the product was successfully created.

Next, I went into the media manager to assign to product and that went just fine. Then when I went to add media clips to the CD, again, it when through the motions like it was uploading but when I came back to the media manager page, it said 0 linked clips.

I thought maybe something was wrong with this particular product, so I tried adding a new clip to an existing CD and I got the same problem.

I haven't done anything at all to the web site in the last year.

With no error messages to help me figure out the problem, I'm totally lost as to how to correct this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks-
    Lisa

ps - here's the server info:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-164.el5xen
    Database: MySQL 5.0.45-log
    PHP Version: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache

ZenCart version 1.3.7

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't add clips in Music Manager & can't upload pics in Products

All forum members were emailed in June 2009 about an important admin security patch. Did you apply it?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130161
    If not, maybe your site has been compromised, which could be affecting functionality.

Whether you've been hacked or not, I suggest, after applying the patch, that you check EVERY file for rogue content, and do any relevant cleanup.
    Suggested reading:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info.

I thought that may have been the case, so I did an upgrade to 1.3.8a anyway, installing the patch, upgrading the database - everything.

That took me about 5 hrs to do and I just deleted the product, added it back in and I still could not upload a product picture. The admin/product_music.php file is a fresh install straight from the 1.3.8a full file set.

Would it matter that I did the patch first, then proceeded with the upgrade? Maybe I'll go ahead and do the patch again.

I already checked all of my images folders to make sure there are no .php files or anything else that is not supposed to be there.

Plugin Contributions

I just re-did the security patch, including re-naming the admin section and I still can not upload pictures or associate clips with the music manager.

I already did the file compare when upgrading to 1.3.8, but I guess I'll do it again as I don't know what else to do!

Lisa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If the upload is not happening, there could be many things wrong:
    - the folder you're trying to have the images stored in might not be writable by the webserver / apache
    - the folder your server administrator set for temporary uploads in php.ini isn't writable
    - the files you're trying to upload are too big for your php.ini restrictions
    - the files you're trying to upload are of an unacceptable file type
    - your hosting account might be out of available disk space
    - your hosting company might have disabled upload capability in the name of security
    - etc
    - etc
    - etc

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again-

Well, being that I could manually upload the clips and images via FTP, it was not a file permission issue or a file size problem or being out of space on the hosting account.

Files were .jpg and .mp3.

I was so frustrated at being unable to find the cause of it I just left it alone for the weekend.

Throughout all of this, I have been in contact with the web host provider several times. Asking them to check this-n-that (they do not provide a web server interface, such as cPanel).

So I go back on Tuesday and start to dig in again - only to find that everything is working as it should. No problem creating the product, uploading the image, linking the music products and adding music clips. Worked like a gem.

Now I didn't do anything over the weekend at all, so I suspect that the web host company did something on their end and are just not fessing up.

So I wish I could tell you I did X-Y-Z and got it to work, when the truth is I'm not sure what worked.

Lisa