Plugin Contributions

Default Language and Currency in header

Hi - I'm looking through the Admin to find a way to turn off the currency drop down and language symbol on a commercial template. This may have been asked before but I've searched the forum boards and don't see a thread. The language and currency are in the header of www.iprezence.com/zencart.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Language and Currency in header

I'm looking through the Admin to find a way to turn off the currency drop down and language symbol on a commercial template. This may have been asked before but I've searched the forum boards and don't see a thread.
    This is a Template Monster template...
    Why would there be a thread here for them?
    Search here for them and the issues with their templates
    Try to get assistance from them
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Regardless of the TM problem, get a copy of the firebug add-on with firefox and use the css to turn off things "that go bump in the night."

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    This is a Template Monster template...
    Why would there be a thread here for them?
    Search here for them and the issues with their templates
    Try to get assistance from them
    Thought it might be something in the standard Zen Cart core admin that I had not seen. You are telling me no - correct?

Plugin Contributions

Thought it might be something in the standard Zen Cart core admin that I had not seen. You are telling me no - correct?
    There is no admin setting for the Template Monster added items
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

TemplateMonster create "structures" that are designed only to "look nice" onscreen.

They woo novices, who then outlay hard cash, and who then think that all that needs to happen is to upload (ftp) the template to the server. amd everything will work beautifully.

These heavily customized templates (wherever they come from) present THREE major considerations for those who use them:

1. On-going support - very sparse from the authors of these templates, so people come here. But we are all skilled in zencart CORE (with schema-compliant add-ons, of course). Few people have the time to unravel a TemplateMonster structure in order to diagnose a problem, layout request or functional issue.

2. Poor compliance with add-ons. Because TM code is often so radically different from core code, many add-ons do not work properly (or will at least require major hacking before they do). So these templates are very restrictive in terms of what can be bolted on later.

3. Upgrade resistant. You'll have a LOT of fun when you need to upgrade, or add in patches.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    TemplateMonster create "structures" that are designed only to "look nice" onscreen.

They woo novices, who then outlay hard cash, and who then think that all that needs to happen is to upload (ftp) the template to the server. amd everything will work beautifully.

These heavily customized templates (wherever they come from) present THREE major considerations for those who use them:

1. On-going support - very sparse from the authors of these templates, so people come here. But we are all skilled in zencart CORE (with schema-compliant add-ons, of course). Few people have the time to unravel a TemplateMonster structure in order to diagnose a problem, layout request or functional issue.

2. Poor compliance with add-ons. Because TM code is often so radically different from core code, many add-ons do not work properly (or will at least require major hacking before they do). So these templates are very restrictive in terms of what can be bolted on later.

3. Upgrade resistant. You'll have a LOT of fun when you need to upgrade, or add in patches.
    I have developed other Zen Carts by hand and thought I would give this a try. I take your point and thank you for the insight. Is there a source of templates that is compliant to avoid these issues?

Plugin Contributions

(sorry, site offline) will show you several that you can massage.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DocRocks View Post
    I have developed other Zen Carts by hand and thought I would give this a try.
    I have done the same thing - I purchased a TM template about 18 months ago and devoted a lot of time to trying to analyse the way it worked because a number of people have approached me to install these templates - many wanting "additions" to them... ("Please can you move XYZ to ABC" - which in a TM template is often very challenging!)

So, after a few months of some quite detailed dabbling, I decided not to proceed with learning about TM templates.

But yes... no harm in trying - if you can afford to, of course...
    20 years a Zencart User