Plugin Contributions

Default Problem in pending orders

I am using Zen Cart v1.3.8a/v1.3.8

Some days ago, I had a problem that I could not see the orders. This happened after I switched off something from the admin pannel by mistake. After I contacted my web server administrator, he tried to solve this problem, and with my concent he deleted some orders.

The he realised that it was my mistake, switched the item on again and everything became fine.

Now the problem is that in the admin pannel i am still viewing 9 orders pending but when you click you will find nothing. If a new order is made, I will find 10 pending but when ou click on it you will only find 1. So the counter is displaying that there are 9 orders extra (probably is that my administrator deleted 9 orders).
    Is there any way of resetting the number to 0
    and
    very unlikely but is it possible to retrive the deleted orders?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem in pending orders

Sounds like he deleted the orders from the "orders" table by manually hacking away at data via phpMyAdmin instead of using the "delete" button in your admin. That has left all kinds of other records out of sync.
    You can "retrieve" the deleted orders by restoring those deleted records from the backup you made of the database before you went in and deleted things. You do make regular backups right?
    Restoring those specific records will require very careful study of the database backup file to identify the right ones before loading JUST those ones into your database. I STRONGLY recommend you commission that task to someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to database content.

Or, if you want to delete all the other components of those orders, go and hack away in phpMyAdmin and delete the corresponding records from all the other tables that store order details: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...#Order_History

REMEMBER: Manually hacking at raw database data can cause unpredictable results in your store, and if done incorrectly can cause serious data corruption, rendering your store unusable. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, and ALWAYS make backups before making changes to anything.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks very much for your support. To tell you the truth i never made backups of the database.

could you please tell me how?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This is one of a few ways to do a database backup by extracting its contents to a file you can store on your PC or CD for safekeeping: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.