Plugin Contributions

Default Overrides Not Appearing

I thought I got the general idea of overrides, but here is what's happening...

I wanted to change the "Powered By Zen Cart" link in the footer. Did a search in the Developer's Tool Kit and found the page it's on:
    includes/languages/MyTheme/english.php. It's the only place it occurs on my site, so that's got to be the file, right? I went in, edited the code and modified both the "Powered by..." text and the link to mylink.com. Then I copied my new english.php file over the existing one in the same directory.

When I fire up my site, nothing. Still says zen cart. If I search in the Tool Kit, there is no instance of mylink.com found. If I search for zencart.com, it finds that same english.php file. So I download it to work on it locally, open it in Dreamweaver, and sure enough... mytext, with mylink.com.

Is there something I have to do to "refresh" the site so it starts seeing these changes? I'm having the exact same issue changing the page title. I thought I understood the tutorials, I've changed the pages, but the Tool Kit is finding lines of code that don't exist anymore...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Overrides Not Appearing

Have you changed your temples to your custom template in the admin?

Plugin Contributions

I have. The site looks just like my template, except when I make these edits, I get no changes showing.

The site is hosted on godaddy, and I am using their previewdns feature to view my site. I've never had problems with it before, but could that be the reason?

Plugin Contributions

I'm not familiar with godaddy, but check the site directly and see what appears.

Dreamweaver isn't the best program to use to edit php. Get yourself a good text editor like Notepad++ or Crimson Editor instead. Both are available free on the net.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey