Plugin Contributions

Default index.php?main_page=create_account is blank

Hi,

I had followed the guide to make my error verbose so that I can identify why I got blank pages, but it seems none of them work for me.

I only have this problem when using other language than english. I installed Malay language and when ever user try to register upon submit button they will be presented a blank page.

I do not have any problem with english language registration.

Please assist.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: index.php?main_page=create_account is blank

I've no experience with zencart foreign languages, but from what I do know is that each language will have its own <language>.php file located in the /languages directory, so the first thing I'd be doing is checking to ensure they exist.

If they do exist, my next suggestion would be to inspect the contents of them for any characters that may cause a problem, I am referring specifically to badly placed double or single quote characters contained within the text strings.

Finally, although I'm also not sure if relevant with the language.php files, there are many files used by zencart that will cause a blank page problem if the file has any blank lines after the closing php tag, so just to be on the safe side, ensure that this isn't the cause of your problem (many text editors will add a blank line at the end simply by loading and saving the file without making any other changes).

Cheers
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FAQ article found by searching for "blank page": https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

RodG: All the language files are there.
    DrByte: I had done that.

I only have this blank page problem if I select different language than the default one and register an account or even log-of from the said account.

In my cart I have 2 language, if I set English as default, I am able to create the account and have no problem. Same goes when I set my local language as the default, everything went ok. THE PROBLEM when I change the language and then proceed with the account registration.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And ... when the blank page happens, what shows up in the logs?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.