Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation problem - Can't get into the admin

1. If you try to go to /admin/index.php does it properly redirect you to /admin/login.php ? Or does it just give you a "cannot be displayed" error?
    Or is the page "blank"?

2. Are you using Apache or IIS now? If you're using Apache, what's showing in the Apache error_log file? That file stores all errors that occur when attempting to process the webpages, including any internal rules that may deny processing due to security concerns.

3. "Compatibility Mode" in IE8 is a feature that tells IE8 to pretend it's IE7. There's a button next to the URL that lets you enable that on a per-page basis.
    Does it make any difference if you click that?

4. If you use Firefox to access it instead of IE8, does anything different happen?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When I go to admin/index.php I get a blank page.

I am using Apache and I also tried it in Foxfire and got the same thing.

The apache log only had the installation information in it.

I am going to try the compability mode now.

Thank you
    LadyDee

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to increase the time alloted to get to the page. In another browser (Flock) I was able to just bring up the login.php without going to the index.php. However once I type my username and password, I get the following:

The browser connected successfully, but the connection was interrupted while transferring information. Please try again.

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deemurphy View Post
    When I go to admin/index.php I get a blank page.
    FAQ on troubleshooting blank pages: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    I recommend the tool in step 2a, but install it in your admin area.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to increase the time alloted to get to the page. In another browser (Flock) I was able to just bring up the login.php without going to the index.php. However once I type my username and password, I get the following:

The browser connected successfully, but the connection was interrupted while transferring information. Please try again.
    "increase the time allotted to get the page" -- that's up to the browser, not Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to edit the front page without being in the admin? I need to show this to someone today and then I will work on getting into the admin.

Thank you
    LadyDee

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since I don't know what exactly you mean by "edit the front page", it's difficult to answer your question exactly. If you're referring to using the Define Pages Editor to edit the define_main_page.php file in your active custom template, you can do that manually by downloading that file with your FTP program, making the desired changes, and uploading it again.

Meanwhile, what's showing in the debug logs I mentioned earlier?
    These FAQs may also be of help if the logs don't reveal anything:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=84
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=81

Plugin Contributions

I felt you could do what you stated, so I have deleted two lines and they still show up.

As for the debug, it is not showing anything, no errors, but still getting the same thing. Since I am using the latest version Xampp, should I try an older version of Zen Cart because I have gotten all this to work before.

Thank you
    LadyDee

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I felt you could do what you stated, so I have deleted two lines and they still show up.
    You've lost me there.
    Which 2 lines?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since I am using the latest version Xampp, should I try an older version of Zen Cart because I have gotten all this to work before.
    Maybe the latest version of Xampp is your problem ... since it's using a newer version of PHP than what Zen Cart v1.3.8a or older are designed for.
    Granted, everyone else who has applied the above-mentioned PHP 5.3 patch for ZC v1.3.8 has reported that it solved their problems perfectly.
    Using an older version of Zen Cart is unlikely to solve the problem, esp if you're using PHP 5.3.

Clearly whatever you're doing that's different from "before" isn't working for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123