Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How can I restrict the shipping options for specific categories?

I need to restrict the shipping options for specific categories. I have some items my supplier will only drop-ship by UPS with a drop ship fee. I have other products that can go by USPS or UPS.

How can I set all the products in the restricted category to only offer the UPS option while letting all the others in other categories have UPS OR USPS?
    Last edited by agentx; 23 Nov 2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Forgot to check the subscribe box

Plugin Contributions

Default Need shipping module to limit shipping options based on category or product

Is there a module that will restrict the shipping items by category? I have a supplier that will only ship UPS. All my others will do UPS or USPS. What can I use to set shipping for some items only to UPS and the others for UPS or USPS?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need shipping module to limit shipping options based on category or product

I'm in the same boat and don't know how to do it only my issue doesn't have to do with a drop shipper, it has to do with breakables. I won't ship glass bottles USPS because it's too difficult to deal with them over insurance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need shipping module to limit shipping options based on category or product

You can always add a new field to your products table and to the Admin add/edit so that you can mark Products that cannot go USPS and then this can be tested for in the shipping module and if 1 or more in the cart it can disable the USPS shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have the same issue, and I don't quite understand the solution. Ajeh, could you possibly explain more about what you're referring to.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

You add a new field to the products table ...

You add access to that new field for adding/editing products ...

Then you test for whether or not Products are in the cart with that new field marked and if so, set the $this->enabled to false for the shipping module to stop it from showing ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello.

I think this is a similar enough topic...but...

My company has three items in particular that cannot ship together. Other items can ship with these items and each other. Is there a code I can put in the php so that the shipping module will recognize they have to be shipped in separate boxes from one another?

Also, currently, two items are in one category and one item is in a category with other items. Would it make it easier if I moved that one item out of category with numerous items into either it's own category, or the category with the other two items?

I hope this isn't too confusing...

I look forward to your input!

Regards,

~Rachel
    http://www.colema.com/store/retail

Plugin Contributions

Could you get a tad more specific as to why the 3 items cannot ship with other things?

Too big? Too small? Wet? Live? umm ... what makes them difficult problems and how do you ship these 3 Products?

How do you ship all of your other Products, except these 3 Products?

Is this something that could be calculated when the 3 Products might be in the order to "add on" to the calculations for shipping of all other Products?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Two of the items are oversized packages (home enema board kits) - and they are dimensionally weighted for UPS and domestic Priority Mail, and because we can't seem to get USPS to read for dim weights, we currently only have Parcel Post enabled. They cannot share a box with each other.

The third item is a bucket - and is often ordered with the board kits, but will not fit in the boxes with them. All the rest of the items in our store are smaller and can be combined with these products in various ways - the bucket having the most limitations on what can be sent with it.

Currently we have a module installed that allows UPS to read the dims for the board kits, but it still doesn't register that they cannot be shipped together.

Is there any other information that would be helpful in solving this issue?

Thank you for your assistance!

Regards,
    ~Rachel
    http://www.colema.com/store/retail

Plugin Contributions

I buy a regular Product ...

What should the shipping do?

I buy a a Kit ...

I buy a regular Product and a Kit ...

I buy a regular Product and 2 Kits ...

Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast