Plugin Contributions

Default Which Languages should I upload

Hi,
    I was hoping someone could tell me what languages are the best ones/most common to have in a t-shirt selling store? There doesn't seem to be alot of language packs available in the languages section here that are compatible with zen cart 1.3.8a, I have read that the packs need to be compatible with the version i am using ( is this correct or you can use other later language pack versions ?)
    Also can someone please tell me do i need to add or change any of my currency rate to accommodate the new language?
    Do i need to change all the info in the products section for each new language?
    Thanks for reading, much appreciated.
    Ash.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Which Languages should I upload

Most used I guess.

English / Spanish / French / German / Russian.

You can download good language packs in the free software section. Some may need some adjustment, but my experience is that they are quite complete out of the box.

Currencies are a different story. They are set in the currency tab in your admin site. Also in configuration->mystore you select the default currency based on the browser (country) or your shop location.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,
    can someone please tell me whether i'm doing this right or not. When i upload some language packs onto my zen cart, some of the files want to overwrite some other files that were already on there, is this ok to say yes to this or not?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, I was looking at the German and Russian language packs and i am unable to get the files out of them as it says it's a ( rar file ) all the other ones have been real easy to get out. Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Use Rarzilla, it is free, it is great. Just drag the .rar to the yellow surface.

Regarding the overwriting. Do you have some more details? which files does it want to override?

You need to create your own TEMPLATE directory in the new language file in order to overwrite well. In that case you should not worry so much about overriding. I would be more careful if the main language files (english.php / yourlanguage.php) are overridden.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    some of the language packs are coming up funny when i click on the flag from the online store section, after they have been uploaded. Some of them are just going to a blank screen and some are reading these things below

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
    in:
    [select code from currencies where code = 'دولار امريكي' LIMIT 1]

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
    in:
    [select code from currencies where code = 'лв.' LIMIT 1]

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    thanks for the rarzilla info. I can't remember now which files it wanted to overwrite but i remember it wasn't the language files.
    I have these other issues now in my last post which may be related to the files that were overwritten that I allowed.
    Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

You do know that language packs only translate the stock text, right? Any text you have customized in English will need to be customized in other languages to read as you intended. Product, category, etc. text also will not exist in other languages. Installing languages you don't speak or understand is likely to lead to comical or tragic results...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    thanks for the heads up. Fortunately for me I am only using zen cart as an online store for the payment section and photo's with very little text and no catagories etc as I have a home page someplace else that points to zen cart for the online store. ( reason for this is that i already had a website made in another place and didn't want to have to spend ages trying to figure out all the define pages, ez pages in zen cart when i had them already ( there is so much to take in )
    Cheers.