Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can I display "Sold Out" button AND "Add to Cart" button on product information page?

I did some searching and found threads about changing the image of the sold out button to whatever the user wants but is there a way to display the image AND display the "add to cart" image (and the functionality) both on the product page?

Thanks in advance. . . . .

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I display "Sold Out" button AND "Add to Cart" button on product information p

If it sold out and you are displaying this why would you want the add to cart?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I display "Sold Out" button AND "Add to Cart" button on product information p

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    If it sold out and you are displaying this why would you want the add to cart?
    That's not what my post was asking, I only wish to know how I can display both. I expect it's one line of code somewhere but I'm new to this and not experienced enough to actually code my way unsupervised.

Plugin Contributions

That's not what my post was asking, I only wish to know how I can display both.
    That is exactly what I responded to...
    Do you want BOTH displayed for the same product??

If not, a sold out item will display sold out and an instock item will display the add to cart automatically
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

That is exactly what I responded to...
    Do you want BOTH displayed for the same product??

If not, a sold out item will display sold out and an instock item will display the add to cart automatically
    Yes I would like to display both for the same product. Do you know if it's possible?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Yes I would like to display both for the same product. Do you know if it's possible?
    Full Circle - Back to why you want the Add to cart when it is sold out?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Full Circle - Back to why you want the Add to cart when it is sold out?
    Full circle, not relevant. I want a customer to be able to add to cart & checkout the item regardless.

Why is it important, I don't really understand?

Plugin Contributions

I want a customer to be able to add to cart & checkout the item regardless.

Why is it important, I don't really understand?
    Still, Then why do you want the sold out image displayed??

Check the settings in admin > config > stock
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I've already checked there before I posted because I found the thread about allowing checkout when insufficient stock.

I want the customer to see that an item is sold out, I want the image to display.

Also, I want the "add to cart" functionality to be available so they can add the item to the cart.

I want to display the sold out sign and the add to cart button on the page, is this possible in Zen Cart or is it not possible in Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Yes it is possible, but you have to change the code for the buy now button. It actually checks of it displays the buy now button of the sold out button. Just create a new function that gives you the sold out button and shwo this on your product pages.

Still makes no snese but maybe your customers appreciate you option to buy a sold out product.

Maybe add another donation button if your website is lacking functionality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast