Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express settings - Require Confirmed Address - multiple confirmed addresses ?

What if a customer has several verified paypal addresses?

How can you let them choose which one to use?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express settings - Require Confirmed Address - multiple confirmed addresse

"Confirmed Address" is determined by PayPal at the time of the transaction.
    Your customer can choose from their list of addresses in PayPal when they're on the PayPal site.
    There's nothing *you* need to do to allow them to choose from those addresses.

That said, I'm pretty sure PayPal only flags ONE of a person's addresses as Confirmed / Verified. If you want to dig deeper in that, I suggest you ask PayPal: www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express settings - Require Confirmed Address - multiple confirmed addresse

Found something interesting. You can have multiple verified addresses but it looks like your credit card can be assigned to only one of those addresses but that you can also change which verified address your card is linked to in your paypal account.

Not sure which confirmed address is pulled over automatically when PP Express is setup in zen to required a verified address. Is it the Home address, the first verified address in the list, or the address that has a payment method linked to it?

Are customers able to select a verified address that does not have a confirmed payment method linked to it? (don't want this but curious)

Many thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DogTags View Post
    Found something interesting. You can have multiple verified addresses but it looks like your credit card can be assigned to only one of those addresses but that you can also change which verified address your card is linked to in your paypal account.
    Correct.
    Not sure which confirmed address is pulled over automatically when PP Express is setup in zen to required a verified address. Is it the Home address, the first verified address in the list, or the address that has a payment method linked to it?
    The address returned to your store is the address selected by the customer while they're on the PayPal page.
    Are customers able to select a verified address that does not have a confirmed payment method linked to it? (don't want this but curious)
    Probably. What happened when you tried it?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Probably. What happened when you tried it?
    I gotta hack around with my own account to see, not sure

Might be great to allow customer to re-preview their order details after using Paypal but before creating their order just to make sure the customer sees the final shipping address that pp inserts and then allow customer to decide whether to decline paypal as the payment method if they don't like the address that pp inserted

Will mess with my own account to see what happens

Many thanks Dr.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like no matter which address I assign the credit card to, it passes the address that is linked to the credit card. I changed it several times, and pp switched to the newly assigned, credit-card linked address each time.

Also, once I swapped the cc off of one address and then tried to change to that swapped-off address that no longer had a cc assigned to it, then pp produced a new page during my test checkout to then add a new cc, meaning that swapped-off address did not have a card assigned to it even though it might be a confirmed address.
    Last edited by DogTags; 1 Dec 2009 at 07:11 PM.