Plugin Contributions

help question Using only the cart feature for money order / check payment.

I just downloaded and installed Zen Cart 1.3.8a Patch 1
    v1.3.8 [2009-12-15 21:14:23] (Fresh Installation)

Never used the product, new to e-commerce, read multiple threads and FAQs... likely just missed the data I am about to ask for... but please bear with me.

We created a series of web pages to sell our product, custom Astrology Art Charts http://astrologyartcharts.com which has just been completed. I made a special page to gather client data needed to make a chart like birth date, etc. I also am able to successfully transfer this data to Paypal and have it appear in their shopping cart.

But... at this moment I have no way to allow a customer to order/buy things using money order and/or checks. What I would like to do (if it is possible) is to have the second button on my page send the data to the Zen cart... and when they are finished shopping... email the data to them and to the store owner (Eve) so she can process the order upon receipt of payment.

Can this be done or is it outside the design of this product?

I made a test product page http://astrologyartcharts.com/shopper.html that sends the data along to my info gathering page http://astrologyartcharts.com/checkout.php where I then want to move along to the ZEN Cart if possible. The checkout.php page will look to see if it was called by a shopping page... if not, it will redirect to a menu page instead of asking for data relating to the product. (So if you try to go there directly it will redirect you.)

If you click on "Pay by Check" it will currently just display the data it has collected. Now I need to know how to forward that to ZEN.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Jerry
    Last edited by Askjerry; 17 Dec 2009 at 02:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using only the cart feature for money order / check payment.

But... at this moment I have no way to allow a customer to order/buy things using money order and/or checks. What I would like to do (if it is possible) is to have the second button on my page send the data to the Zen cart... and when they are finished shopping... email the data to them and to the store owner (Eve) so she can process the order upon receipt of payment.

Can this be done or is it outside the design of this product?
    Zen Cart is designed to be your whole ecommerce catalog and payment system. It is not designed to be the "checkout" only.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.