Plugin Contributions

Default Changing the 'Powered By, Zen Cart, the art of ecomerce' logo?!

I have tried to change the logo several times, all with failed attempts, I have tried to follow the FAQ's section on how to do it, but that doesnt seem to work either.

I am trying to change the Logo on the top left side of my page, and the background that is underlaying it that stretches accross the top of my site.

www.elascordlessphones.com

The logo that reads: "Powered by ZenCart The art of Ecomerce" is what I want changed. I have even went as far as deleting the image file from the root directory all together, but it still shows up there, I have tried setting the stylesheet.css to recognize my header and not the default zen cart header, also failed. I have tried changing the Header name to my header in the header.php but still did not work.

I followed the isntructions listed on the faq's section: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=125
    And,
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=124

But both has also failed, so... how in the world do I get rid of the default logo on my site, and change it to the logo I want on it?

Also, how do I change the background image that is behind the logo, the blue sky, with what looks to be some sort of arch or gate behind the logo.

I would appreciate help with this alot.

Thanks.
    www.elascordlessphones.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing the 'Powered By, Zen Cart, the art of ecomerce' logo?!

Quote Originally Posted by cmerr85 View Post
    I have tried to change the logo several times, all with failed attempts, I have tried to follow the FAQ's section on how to do it, but that doesnt seem to work either.
    The FAQ's don't lie. If they were ever wrong they would almost certainly be fixed, corrected and fine tuned long before now. It's probably even an ongoing process as further development occurs.

This then would suggest that you didn't follow the FAQ's to the detail required.

For example, right at the top of both FAQ's you mentioned, they state

"We use CUSTOM for your template and ENGLISH for your language by default. These generic terms should be changed to the name of the template/language you are using."

Did you read, understand and follow this part of the instructions?

Just checking :-)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this is what you want, but i went to paint and made me a logo and i saved it as logo.gif and I replaced it with the logo.gif in my zen cart files.

correction: I deleted logo.gif and mad me a hd.gif file in paint and replaced the hd.gif in
    includes/templates/my custom folder/images

this way you replace the whole back ground and your logo at the same time. But it might not be the way to do it, but it worked for me.
    Last edited by MadPricerSales; 29 Nov 2009 at 06:41 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I followed the custom, and english part of the instructions,

Something else that is getting to me, is when I replaced the Logo.gif file, that is, Deleted the old default one, and put my own in as the same file name, when I opened it later, it still showed as the default image, rather then the one I put in, although the file size was the same as my own logo.gif... was a bit baffling.

Plugin Contributions

You are much better off following the template/override system or your changes will be lost with the next upgrade/update.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MadPricerSales View Post
    I don't know if this is what you want, but i went to paint and made me a logo and i saved it as logo.gif and I replaced it with the logo.gif in my zen cart files.
    This is what I did, the original file shouldnt even exist, I removed it all together from the root folder's, but it still has the same default image when I open the file. I am very much confused how a file, that is deleted, can still maintain its traits from a different file.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I did, the original file shouldnt even exist, I removed it all together from the root folder's, but it still has the same default image when I open the file. I am very much confused how a file, that is deleted, can still maintain its traits from a different file.
    I had to also delete it from includes/templates/template_default/images

Plugin Contributions

It can't and you should be VERY careful about what files you delete. Your logo should be uploaded to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/logo.gif (where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the name of your custom template). Once you select your template from admin>tools>template selection, it should be displayed properly.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MadPricerSales View Post
    correction: I deleted logo.gif and mad me a hd.gif file in paint and replaced the hd.gif in
    includes/templates/my custom folder/images

this way you replace the whole back ground and your logo at the same time. But it might not be the way to do it, but it worked for me.
    I figured it out, I opened the logo.gif file, then opened the editor, and deleted the image in there,a nd pasted my logo in the editor and saved it, and it seemed to work... now to make a decent logo for my site

Thanks.