Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Broken EzPages after move to new server

Today I migrated a client's site from one host to another. I got Zen Cart up and running and imported her previous database. Now, however, virtually every link is broken.

For example, clicking About Us (which has ID-20) tries to go to http://culinarysupplies.org/about-us-ezp-20.html, which of course doesn't exist. I'm not that familiar with Zen Cart, although I have used other systems. The information is in the database and shows in the Admin section, but all of the links are broken except Home, Blog (external link) and My Account.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Broken EzPages after move to new server

Did you move ALL the files?

They were using one of the SEO Url 3rd party mods
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I copied everything that was in the old web directory. I installed Zen Cart fresh on the new server and copied in the old files and directories. I also dropped all the tables in the default database and imported the backup I'd made before the move. I'm baffled, since I can see the content in the database itself. It's there...I just can't get to it.

None of the category links are working, but if I do a search, I can get to the products, add them to the cart and go through the entire checkout process without issue.

Plugin Contributions

It has Ultimate SEO URLs installed. Under configuration >> SEO URLs reset the cache and make sure ALL of the rules from the old catalog root .htaccess were imported.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to reset the cache, but there was no .htaccess in the old web directory. It was a pretty severely locked down host, so I'm guessing they must've hidden a bunch of files.

Ideas on how to proceed now?

Plugin Contributions

Some FTP programs do not display [DOT] files. Look for a setting referencing the display of hidden files..... It was/is there on the old site. It contains rewrites for the USEO mo0dule.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I use Filezilla and normally, I can see [DOT] files without a problem.

When I say the old host was locked down, I mean it was REALLY locked down! In their control panel, they had FTP information listed, access to databases and that's it. No options, no preferences, no file manager, no account settings, no nothing. And, to top it off, of course, they're completely unresponsive.

Actually, when I saw the control panel, I urged my client to run away to a new host as soon as possible!

Given that I have what I have, is there any other way to salvage the storefront she has?

Plugin Contributions

I finally solved it by turning off SEO URLs. As soon as I did that, it worked perfectly.

Plugin Contributions

I ran into the same problem while transferring a clients files and DB from a working folder under my domain, to his domain. i didnt have any seo addons but what I found s that under each category and custom page, the hardlink was still pointing to the path of the old address. I had to edit each category and custom page to change the link path. I think after you do that, you can reactivate your seo addon and everyhing will work for you.

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by contrive.it View Post
    I ran into the same problem while transferring a clients files and DB from a working folder under my domain, to his domain. i didnt have any seo addons but what I found s that under each category and custom page, the hardlink was still pointing to the path of the old address. I had to edit each category and custom page to change the link path. I think after you do that, you can reactivate your seo addon and everyhing will work for you.

Hope this helps.
    If that was the case then you're using "External links" to point to internal pages, instead of using "internal" links for that purpose as intended.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast