Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default search not working

I installed Zen Cart 1.3.8a and the shop where I installed it is working properly, I can add categories and products and they can be viewed but the problem is when I searched for that product or any in through my website, it always saying that "There is no product that matches the search criteria". I am new and I couldnt find a solution for this problem. I did not change anything yet, its a fresh installation and the website where I installed mine is

http:www.fahimagu.com/shop

Any answer will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart 1.3.8a A Fresh installation, search not working

Somehow you search doesnt work for words starting with a Capital letter. Others work, e.g. http://www.fahimagu.com/shop/index.p...word=advocates

But i dont know what causes this problem though.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart 1.3.8a A Fresh installation, search not working

Thanks a lot, that rings a bell. Until your reply, I was lost in nowhere and was thinking whether its a problem of zen cart or where I host my site. Now I think its a problem in zen cart where I could try to fix. Thanks. However, I will still be very happy if somebody else could help me with fixing the problem. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Search problem

I installed a fresh copy of zen cart 1.38a and after adding a category and some 2 products to that category and when I searched for the products I listed, nothing appears at first. When I posted that probelm in here, somebody had a look at my website and told me that if the product title has any Uppercase letters, nothing appears in search results and then I changed the product titles to lower case and it works fine. But I need to use correct format of English and the titles should be starting with Uppercase letters and so on. Anybody has any idea how my search results will bring up the results ignoring the upper/lower case.

My website I am trying to set the storefront is
    http://www.fahimagu.com/shop

Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: search not working

I would go back and check to make sure no files were modified for advanced_search_result, including:

includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_advanced_search_result.php

When I click on your "All Products" link, I see two Nintendo products, however when I search for "Nintendo" I only see one. I was unable to replicate the behavior regarding capitalization from the post above.

The quickest thing to do will be to switch back to the classic template and see if the issue goes away; if it does, then you know it's in your custom template files somewhere. If you've been editing files under includes/modules/pages, then all bets are off, you've introduced a bug that you'll have to track down.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

One other thing: Your template doesn't set up you language defines correctly. You should not be seeing the "HEADING_TITLE" on the home page.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the quick reply. I am in the process of editing the site however, I DID NOT TOUCH any SEARCH PAGES. Its still there as it is and even when I switched to classic template, same problem: ie; I can browse the products but when I searched for the items, only titles that matched the search with lowercase appears. For instance if you seached for "Nintendo" only one item appears but if you searched for "intendo" you will get the two items there. You can see how I wrote the products titles.
    Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Are you using MySQL for the backend? If so, what version? Have you changed any system settings on MySQL? Normally, database searches are not case-sensitive.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks but as I said before, I havent touch anything relating to search and especially the database. I am a novice and I have no idea how I could access the database. I have only been fiddling with banner boxes and things like greeting messages.
    I had a look at the control panel of my hosting provider (hostmonster) and I found out that I am using MySQL and the version is 5.0.81-community-log. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I looked at this a little more and I don't think it's a file issue. I think the Nintendo DSi product got corrupted in the database somehow. It doesn't come up no matter what you search on. If you search for "DSi" you don't get any products at all. Can you please delete the DSi and re-add it? Afterward, try searching for "Nintendo" again. Do you see both products?
    Last edited by Tick; 7 Dec 2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast