Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Removed local database from phpmyadmin by mistake

Can someone please help me,
    I have deleted my local zen cart database tables in the phpmyadmin section and can no longer the tables ( zen cart {--} ) in the database drop down tab in the top left, the actual store ( local ) is all still there i just can't see it in phpmy admin or when i click on the store front link it say's and it also says the same thing in the admin section as well. ( see below )

1146 Table 'zen cart.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

It say's zen cart is there but it doesn't have any tables anymore..
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Soulkreed; 6 Dec 2009 at 01:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removed local database from phpmyadmin by mistake

Well I you have deleted all tables, its basically all gone. Do you have a backup that you can import? Otherwise you can start from scratch and setup you Zencart again.

No backup, no way to get your data back. There is no undelete in MYSQL.

Plugin Contributions

I have back ups but how do i import it back into phpmyadmin, i have tried but to no avail?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Soulkreed View Post
    I have back ups but how do i import it back into phpmyadmin, i have tried but to no avail?
    What format are your backup files in? An SQL export, or a local copy of the entire database?

If a local copy of the database you'll first need to export the data as 'SQL' (locally) and then usue the phpMyAdmin 'import' feature at the server.

If your backup is in SQL format on the server, then simply re-import the data.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    can you tell me do i use the phpmyadmin on my local server to import/re-install copy of database/zencart ? ) if it is the phpmyadmin local i cannot find the import button, there is one in the phpmyadmin on my dot easy server though. I am unsure of the process itself, can you please tell me what to do? If i do import using dot easy server, do i just click on import and go find the folder/file and import it, if so how do i get it back onto my local computer if i have uploaded it to my server?

The back up i have is SQL format.

Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

in phpmyadmin, re-create the database for your zencart. then on one of the tabs on top, there's a tab called Import. Click that and then select the backup sql file, then import.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am not sure which phpmyadmin you are refering to here. ( you see i have two of them, a local version and a server version with dot easy )
    Let me begin again. The phpmyadmin in my local application no longer has any tables affixed to it ( it basically doesn't exist ), there is still a name in the database drop down tab that say's zen cart however there are no files attached to it. In regards to there being an import ' button up the top of my phpmyadmin ( local version ), there is no such button, yet there is an import button on my dot easy server/host. The problem i'm having is with my local test version of the zen cart store, I have mistakenly deleted the tables for it in my local application ( not my server account - this is working fine ) are you telling me to use the phpmyadmin on my local application ( the one that came with the original zen cart install ) - ( and if that is the case why can't i find the import button ) or are you saying i am to use the phpmyadmin on my dot easy server to import the SQL file? If the later is the case then how do i get it from the dot easy server back to my phpmyadmin on my local installation.
    Please understand that i have two phpmyadmin applications, one is for my local ( zen cart store for testing purposes only ) and the other phpmyadmin is associated with my main online/live zen cart store and website that is with dot easy.
    I do all my modifications on the local test cart before i upload/overwrite anything on my real site. It is the local zen cart store that i can no longer get into look at as i have deleted the tables/files from my local version of phpmyadmin. ( there is nothing wrong with my real store - well, a few things but not related to this at any rate, lol )
    When i am given information on importing files into my phpmyadmin i need to know which one you are refering to ( as I have two of them )
    Hope i'm not being to neurotic here but if i don't get specific instructions i may stuff it up even more than i already have.
    I don't see how importing something into my dot easy server ( real site/store )has anything to do with my local phpmyadmin zen cart install on my computer, although i cannot find an import tab on it anywhere.
    Very confusing, can someone please tell me what to do, is it my local phpmyadmin that i need to be working with ( i would think so, but, i am a newbie so ) if it's the php dot easy myadmin then how do i get it back into my local phpmyadmin application so i can see my store on my local computer.

Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

The back up i have is SQL format.
    IF your backup is in SQL (text) format you'll only need to go to your dot easy account, start phpmyAdmin. select the 'import' tab, browse to your SQL backup, then press the 'go' button.

can you tell me do i use the phpmyadmin on my local server to import/re-install copy of database/zencart ? )
    Importing your backup data into your local server isn't going to help you restore the data that you deleted on your dot easy server.

If i do import using dot easy server, do i just click on import and go find the folder/file and import it,
    Yes.

if so how do i get it back onto my local computer if i have uploaded it to my server?
    You'd use the same backup file that you plan to use to restore your dot easy server.

I really can't understand why you'd be needing to do this though, unless you managed to delete the data from both servers ?????

Rgds
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am not sure which phpmyadmin you are refering to here.
    Neither are (were) we. :-)

( you see i have two of them, a local version and a server version with dot easy )
    This is normal/typical if you are doing development locally.

Let me begin again. The phpmyadmin in my local application no longer has any tables affixed to it ( it basically doesn't exist ),
    My apologies, I was initially under the impression that you'd deleted the tables on your dot easy account (live server).

there is still a name in the database drop down tab that say's zen cart however there are no files attached to it. In regards to there being an import ' button up the top of my phpmyadmin ( local version ), there is no such button,
    This is *highly* unusual.
    Do you have the 'query', 'export', 'operations' and 'privileges' buttons, or are they missing too?

are you telling me to use the phpmyadmin on my local application ( the one that came with the original zen cart install )
    We aren't really 'telling' you anything - which one you need to use depends on whether you are trying to export or import data and where you wish to export it too and from.

- ( and if that is the case why can't i find the import button )
    Good question. Did you delete any other tables besides the zencart ones? The 'mysql' data table for instance?

or are you saying i am to use the phpmyadmin on my dot easy server to import the SQL file?
    If the later is the case then how do i get it from the dot easy server back to my phpmyadmin on my local installation.
    Please understand that i have two phpmyadmin applications, one is for my local ( zen cart store for testing purposes only ) and the other phpmyadmin is associated with my main online/live zen cart store and website that is with dot easy.
    If you sit down and think about what you are trying to achieve, the answers should be obvious.

import = to bring in.
    export = to send out.

Do you want to bring the data into your local server, or do you want to bring it in to your dot easy server?

I do all my modifications on the local test cart before i upload/overwrite anything on my real site.
    Including the database????? How are you getting the database entries from your local server to the dot easy server?
    Other than for an initial installation (and only then, if lots of products have been added) WHY would you even want to copy database changes to the dot easy server? (or vice verci)

I also do all my development on a local server, but I'm quite happy to use the zencart default items in my local database, the products in our live store are totally different. I've never seen any real need to replicate the database in the manner that you are attempting. Not even for backup purposes.

It is the local zen cart store that i can no longer get into look at as i have deleted the tables/files from my local version of phpmyadmin.
    Small correction. phpMyadmin is simply a *tool* it doesn't store data. The data is stored in MySQL data tables. phpMyAdmin is just one of many tools that allow you to view and manipulate the database.

When i am given information on importing files into my phpmyadmin i need to know which one you are refering to
    For MOST people, when they are talking about zen-cart issues they are referring to their live store, and this is the assumption I (and probably others) first made, until you came along with more specific information.
    Hope i'm not being to neurotic here but if i don't get specific instructions i may stuff it up even more than i already have.
    The entire point of doing development on a local machine rather than a live server is that it actually allows to to make stuffups and no one will ever need to know about them.

I don't see how importing something into my dot easy server ( real site/store )has anything to do with my local phpmyadmin zen cart install on my computer,
    It doesn't.

although i cannot find an import tab on it anywhere.
    This is a mystery unto itself. It raises the question of what else did you delete that we don't know about?

Very confusing, can someone please tell me what to do, is it my local phpmyadmin that i need to be working with
    It really *shouldn't* be confusing... you export from one, import to the other, depending on which way you wish the data to move.

( i would think so, but, i am a newbie so )
    Not wishing to offend, but being a 'newbie' is no excuse for not being able to make common sense decisions.

Furthermore, you are also expected to make mistakes. No one learns anything if everything goes right the first time. The learning, or the bit that will advance you to becoming more than a 'newbie' is the ability to fix things when they do go wrong.

if it's the php dot easy myadmin then how do i get it back into my local phpmyadmin application so i can see my store on my local computer.
    Cheers.
    Export from dot easy, import to local.

The question now is, why doesn't your local phpmyAdmin have the import option available?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,
    thanks for the help, much appreciated.
    Below i have answered some of your questions.

This is *highly* unusual.
    Do you have the 'query', 'export', 'operations' and 'privileges' buttons, or are they missing too?

I have query, export, operations but no privileges.

Good question. Did you delete any other tables besides the zencart ones? The 'mysql' data table for instance?

No, they are still there as far as I can see.

Including the database????? How are you getting the database entries from your local server to the dot easy server?
    Other than for an initial installation (and only then, if lots of products have been added) WHY would you even want to copy database changes to the dot easy server? (or vice verci)

When I am in the filezilla ( ftp ) transfer program the files are all still there on my local and I just transfer them over to my live dot easy account etc. The files are there i just can't access them via my phpmyadmin in my local application or actually see the store or the admin section when i click on there tabs.

I also do all my development on a local server, but I'm quite happy to use the zencart default items in my local database, the products in our live store are totally different. I've never seen any real need to replicate the database in the manner that you are attempting. Not even for backup purposes.

I am not sure about how i am doing it or if it's right or not, i hope the above answers that for you.

This is a mystery unto itself. It raises the question of what else did you delete that we don't know about?

Hopefully nothing..

It really *shouldn't* be confusing... you export from one, import to the other, depending on which way you wish the data to move.

Fair enough..

Export from dot easy, import to local.

OK...

The question now is, why doesn't your local phpmyAdmin have the import option available?

Good question....

Want to ask you how you get all the quotes up and then comment after them, i have tried and can't work it out?

Cheers.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast