Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Help connecting my flash home page to my shop home page...

Is there anyone out there that knows what I need to do to reconnect the ENTER button on my home page ( www.benhamcollectibles.com ) to my shop home page ( www.benhamcollectibles.com/shop )???? I also need to turn the sound back on some how. Someone else did all of that for me the first time around and I have no idea how it is done. I don't have the luxury of someone else to do these things any more so I have to find out how it needs to be done correctly and I will then know for the future. Thanks for any help!!!

Kristofer
    Here is a link to my site if this will help anyone that needs to see how things look.

www.benhambaseballcards.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help connecting my flash home page to my shop home page...

Clicking on Enter takes me to your store.

I would reconsider the whole Flash page thing, especially if it has sound. 'Jump' pages like that offer your customers nothing in the way of information about your site or products, and serve mainly to waste my time and annoy me in the process. I believe you'll find that my position on that is becoming the norm.

Plugin Contributions

Alright, Steve. With that said, I have to kind of agree with you. I didn't really fully support the idea of it, but it was free and it helped him for his schooling when he did it at the time. If I wanted to get rid of it all together, how would I make it to where when people punch in my site, it takes them straight to the first page of the store??

Kristofer
    Here is a link to my site if this will help anyone that needs to see how things look.

Plugin Contributions

I recommend you move your Zencart installation to the root of your site (easy process, instructions here:https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122) and then delete or move the index.html file containing your Flash.

Plugin Contributions

I am assuming that it worked. I typed in my normal site address and it went to the shop home page like I wanted. That tutorial you had in your post made the process sound really confusing. The site works, but seems to be loading very slow. Not sure if this is tied in to the move in any way. My comp is not a slow comp and does not have a slow connection. That makes me think of these questions:

Do I need to delete the original shop folder now that I have copied all of the files to the root folder??

Do I need to change all of those permissions that the tutorial stated if the store is working just fine now??

I am very novice at this game of code. I really don't know what I am doing, so I don't recognize important things that you folks could see like they were colored in red in a field of black. I also don't want to delete anything from the site, causing lots more problems for me.

Kristofer

Plugin Contributions

Your main site URL does go to your store, so that's OK, but your Home link points to /shop, so I'd guess you didn't get all the paths in the two configure.php files correct. There should be no instances of /shop in the configure.php files.

Plugin Contributions

You can change your sig link now:)
    The move looks successful (except forthe Home links); I don't notice any slower loading time, but the big listing page was always slow for me. You should delete the original /shop folder; alternatively, since it is there, you might want to keep it as a test site so you can try things without messing up your real site. If you do that, you will have to copy your database to a new name, and adjust the database info in the /shop/ versions of /includes/configuration.php and /admin/includes/configuration.php.

Plugin Contributions

how to delete the exsisting a Thread from my account? any answer this please thanks

Plugin Contributions

Can't tell what you are asking, and this is not the right place to ask it as it is not related to the thread. Start a new thread for your question, with more info so people can help you.

Plugin Contributions

That tutorial you gave me sucks for someone that doesn't understand any of the basics to setting up these files. I know that you said it was easy, and for you, it probably is. But I can't understand any of that jargon about setting configure.php. I tried to change the file and obviously it said it could not change it. I have no idea how to make the file writeable like it said it needs to be. A plain english, step-by-step instruction from someone on these boards will be the only way that I can get this done. Any volunteers with some help??

Kristofer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast