Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: An Upscale Boutique Support Thread

Hi, i have installed your template and I am very happy with it.

The only problem I have at the moment is that the text of the detailed products description is very light grey and is difficult to read on some type of monitors.

Where can I change the color of the <detailed products description> text ?
    Do not post the same question to multiple threads.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    This is a great template and I love it, Just got a quick question, what would be the easiest way to make the whole layout a little narrower what would be CSS to edit? I have removed all the sidebars and bassically just want the layout narrower than it is.

Thanks
    Taz

Plugin Contributions

It would probably help to give you the name if the site too! it is at www . jamesdavidandco . com

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Just to let you know that i sorted it out using CSS. If anyone wants to know these are the changes I made

Bold parts is where I changed the width

Stylesheet.css

#mainWrapper {background-color: #fff;text-align: left;width: 850px;vertical-align: top;position:relative;top:80px;}

#logoWrapper {background-image: url(../images/navsupcolour850.jpg);height: 25px;width: 848px;position: relative;top: 25px;margin: 0px;border:1px solid #8b775f;}

#footer-wrapper {margin-top: 0px;background-image: url(../images/backwhite.jpg);background-repeat: repeat;height: 30px;width:848px;border:1px solid #8b775f;}

#navSuppWrapper {margin: 0px;width: 850px;height: 25px;color: #fffef4;background-image: url(../images/navsupcolour850.jpg);font-size: 1.2em;font-weight: bold;}

Obviously changed the width of your logo-wrapper and navsupwrapper images.

The problem is my website doesn't look quite right in Explorer 7 it seems the logo-wrapper seems to be positioned much lower. Can you tell me a way I can fix this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Just to let you know that i sorted it out using CSS. If anyone wants to know these are the changes I made

Bold parts is where I changed the width

Stylesheet.css

#mainWrapper {background-color: #fff;text-align: left;width: 850px;vertical-align: top;position:relative;top:80px;}

#logoWrapper {background-image: url(../images/navsupcolour850.jpg);height: 25px;width: 848px;position: relative;top: 25px;margin: 0px;border:1px solid #8b775f;}

#footer-wrapper {margin-top: 0px;background-image: url(../images/backwhite.jpg);background-repeat: repeat;height: 30px;width:848px;border:1px solid #8b775f;}

#navSuppWrapper {margin: 0px;width: 850px;height: 25px;color: #fffef4;background-image: url(../images/navsupcolour850.jpg);font-size: 1.2em;font-weight: bold;}

Obviously changed the width of your logo-wrapper and navsupwrapper images.

The problem is my website doesn't look quite right in Explorer 7 it seems the logo-wrapper seems to be positioned much lower. Can you tell me a way I can fix this?

Thanks
    The template has been cross browser tested in ie7, ie8, ie9, firefox, safari, and chrome. If you make changes, especially to the css or xhtml, then you will need to do cross browser testing again.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Thanks Anne,

I absolutley thought this too so i I looked at the additional styles sheets. Ie8 was fine. I made a new stylesheet for ie7 and while i was at it made one for ie9 too all well and looking great.

Thanks
    Taz

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have installed your Upscale Boutique template - which is lovely!

I am new to ZenCart, but have managed to customise a few things with the help of the forums / tutorials etc.

However, I am having a problem with a search button, which shows towards the centre of every page on my site (www.silver-scales.co.uk).

I have added a search box at the top, so would like to remove the central seach buttons.

Also, I'd like to increase the size of the writing on the information pages / categories / home & login links.

Any advice greatly received!

Plugin Contributions

That search button is hard coded in the template you are using..
    Have you read this support thread entirely for the answer yet?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39

1. search for this:
    2. header-search-button
    3. Or you might try this and not see if you have added it twice here
    4. admin panel/ tools/ layout boxes controller
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shscc View Post
    Also, I'd like to increase the size of the writing on the information pages / categories / home & login links.
    These will be controlled in the includes/templates/an_upscale_boutique/css/stylesheet.css

For Information pages notice we have an id that starts in this string <p> blaa blas </p>

So we will find this declaration in the stylesheet.css and look at her properties..

P, ADDRESS {
    padding: 0.5em;
    }

1. just add the font size you would like..
    2. font-size: 1.2em;
    A useful helpful tool which is free is download Moxilla Firefox browser along with the add called Firebug or web developer and you can easily find these div's and classes on your web site make a change to see how it works and then edit the stylesheet.css on your server and upload the .php file..
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

However, I am having a problem with a search button, which shows towards the centre of every page on my site (www.silver-scales.co.uk).

I have added a search box at the top, so would like to remove the central seach buttons.
    In the admin--tools--layout boxes controller, select the box "sideboxes/search_header.php" make sure that you have set Left/Right Column Status: OFF.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast