Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: An Upscale Boutique Support Thread

Hey, Anne. I want to know if there's anyway that my upscale boutique shopping cart here:
    www.XtremeIceSkating.com/store

...could be made to look like this page:
    http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...ne-nxg-sr.html

...in specific regards to the buttons being at the top for navigation like drop-down menus, and sale items taking up the whole space in the middle, and I want images across the bottom to show different angles of the product. I'm selling ice-skates.

1. I just want to know if it's feasible, and if so, what are the basic things that need to be done? I know I'll have to probably install some special add-on feature for drop-down navigation at the top.

2. Can HTML be used in the description box at the products' page where products are inserted? Additional picture boxes are required, but I want them shown right under the actual product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Prolite View Post
    Hey, Anne. I want to know if there's anyway that my upscale boutique shopping cart here:
    www.XtremeIceSkating.com/store

...could be made to look like this page:
    http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...ne-nxg-sr.html

...in specific regards to the buttons being at the top for navigation like drop-down menus, and sale items taking up the whole space in the middle, and I want images across the bottom to show different angles of the product. I'm selling ice-skates.

1. I just want to know if it's feasible, and if so, what are the basic things that need to be done? I know I'll have to probably install some special add-on feature for drop-down navigation at the top.

2. Can HTML be used in the description box at the products' page where products are inserted? Additional picture boxes are required, but I want them shown right under the actual product.
    You can do just about anything with the product info page that you can imagine. You will need to have knowledge of css and php and xhtml.

You can add html to the product desctiptions, but zen cart has native functionality for additional images. You can just edit the tpl_product_info_display.php file and move the additional images to wherever you want.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Prolite,

First let me say that I like what you've done with this template. Saw it a few days ago, liked it and still like it.

Second, I almost don't know what you mean, but here goes:

1. Drop-Down navigation. Yes, this is possible and should be with this template. There are a couple of zencart drop down mods and Ann has recently offered one herself on her new Abbington Mega Menu template. My sister and I've have probably used all of them at one time or another and they all have pros and cons. Getting one to look exactly like your example, however, will be at the more difficult end, as I'm aware of no current zencart mod that produces like that. The closest is the one Anne used, but it would require some hand-building of the categories, unless you know how to code. (I assume that if you did, you wouldn't be asking :) ) I don't so I hand-built some categories with that particular drop down when testing a recent template.

Correction: the icAtheme template does have a built-in drop down similar to your example. Main categories across the top each dropping down with subcategories. So even that is possible...if one knew how to use it on another template. But it does not drop down in exactly the same way.

And come to think of it, there is a simple category drop down mod that works same way.

2. Sale items in middle: Do you mean like the cross-sell/related products mod on my page here:

http://www.prommart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=5634

3. Product page layout: When we came to zencart some years ago we decided to re-arrange the product page layout. I did this using a table: usually Main photo in left cell and price, attributes, add to cart in the right cell across from main photo.

Additional images and description various places, but often at bottom below table.

I thought that a hack job, and it probably is, but I notice that some free templates use this table arrangement. Example: my product linked above. It came with such a table.

But looking at it now, it might use some further arrangement. Maybe move the gray add to cart area up just under price, with attributes below that. Move the model/mfr info under photo up there also. Leave additional photos where they are and either move description below add to cart area or put it outside the table, below with the additional photos.

A lot can be done even without much coding knowledge.

But when putting up my recent demo sites, installing the zencart demo products, I think I now understand why zencart's product layout is the way it is. It probably works best if you turn on almost every attribute combination possible, like on A Bug's Life.

Now, what are we going to do about those red x's at bottom left column? I keep meaning to look in to that on my demo site.
    Last edited by SPH; 2 Jun 2012 at 05:09 AM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

I need serious help please.

I installed TinyMCE and was trying to edit the images on my an_upscale_boutique/define_main_page.php and it totally messed up the entire script for that page. My entire page is messed up and I can't get it to revert to the previous status. Is there anyway to get the script for that page? Please help. Many thank-you's in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Crystal Ball is out-of-order, so further helpers will need a link or typed address to see this disaster in order to advise.

But you should have the original template download and should be able to recover. You might begin with the original define_main_page.
    Last edited by SPH; 15 Jun 2012 at 05:19 AM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to hear that your Crystal Ball is out-of-order...when it rains it pours. I was able to get the script I needed from the original define_main_page. Thank you for your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tjfack12 View Post
    I need serious help please.

I installed TinyMCE and was trying to edit the images on my an_upscale_boutique/define_main_page.php and it totally messed up the entire script for that page. My entire page is messed up and I can't get it to revert to the previous status. Is there anyway to get the script for that page? Please help. Many thank-you's in advance.
    The define_main_page.php file has php code on it and must be edited with a plain text editor. I would recommend uploading that page from a fresh template install back to your server.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne. On my upscale boutique shopping cart (https://xtremeiceskating.com/store), the navigation on the left-hand side where it says "INFORMATION"; underneath that there are links that say "The prototype process", "Performance & durability", and "Pictures and media"; and the problem is, if viewed on any other browser except Firefox, the left-hand side of those links show empty question images (question marks). Is this a cross-compatibility issue? It looks really out of place if my shopping cart is not viewed on Firefox.

Plugin Contributions

The missing images are apparently trying to come from here:

includes/templates/template_default/images/bc_moreinfo.gif

I'm thinking that before getting rid of it, I might get around to making a small image to use there: such as a bullet-point/check-mark or something.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Prolite View Post
    Hi Anne. On my upscale boutique shopping cart (https://xtremeiceskating.com/store), the navigation on the left-hand side where it says "INFORMATION"; underneath that there are links that say "The prototype process", "Performance & durability", and "Pictures and media"; and the problem is, if viewed on any other browser except Firefox, the left-hand side of those links show empty question images (question marks). Is this a cross-compatibility issue? It looks really out of place if my shopping cart is not viewed on Firefox.
    These images are used for the better categories easy info module and are in the template package in the correct place includes/templates/an_upscale_boutique/images. You either deleted them or have an incomplete upload. You can upload the images needed from the template package.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast