Plugin Contributions

Default My site is very slow on GoDaddy. They tell me I have too many db connections?

Hello,

I install Zen Cart 1.3.7 and it works fine but site getting very slow to load. I asked it to my godaddy people and they says that there are a large amount of open Apache connections which is causing the server to load slowly. When users browse the site or refresh the page connections are not closed; they are, in fact, growing exponentially.

Please let me know what can i do? Please replay asap.

Thanks in advance!
    :

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My site is very slow on GoDaddy. They tell me I have too many db connections?

I used godaddy for years and frequently had slow problems. Every time I called tech support they said they could not find a problem. When I suggested they should check their server they always said it tested fine. Then suddenly things would run faster for a while even though I had done nothing and they denied any fault.
    The only good solution is to change to a different hosting.
    FYI... I still have several stes hosted on godaddy that I don't care about speed and they are always slow to load.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My site is very slow on GoDaddy. They tell me I have too many db connections?

Thank For replay!

But i want to know how to close db connection? They said that if all connection close properly then your site can be load fastly.

Plugin Contributions

I think the real reason for the site being slow is a server with high loads.

GoDaddy is good for domain registration, I have all my domains with them; however, I wouldn't host a site that uses php with them on their regular shared server plans, it's OK for plain html sites.