Plugin Contributions

image problem I need to SEARCH Google and save hundreds of images

Hi Everyone,

I've searched many forums, tested few programs but still can't find a solution:

I have PRODUCT_CODE from supplier in a column on an excel sheet.
    Need to search Google images for that code,
    get the first picture
    save as "PRODUCT_CODE".JPG to upload to server.

Like others I have hundreds of products from suppliers in spreadsheets. Using Easy Populate to upload.
    Worked out how to create .csv files for the uploads,
    but I don't get the pictures from the supplier so I need to
    search, fetch, save and upload .

ideas ?
    thx.
    Marius

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I need to SEARCH Google and save hundreds of images

So, your strategy is to steal others' images without their consent? That sounds like copyright violation to me.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so ignoring the ignorant and unhelpful comment, I am assuming that you are using a supplier who provided you url links to images instead of the actual files? If this is the case, I use this fantastic tool that will download all the links in one go:

scheisseichfindemalkeinen.de/page/?loc=bilderherunterlader&lng=en

Copy all of the links into a .txt file and upload and voila, all of your images will be copied into a folder. When I contacted one of my suppliers and asked them to give me image files, there response was that the files are for people who "know how to design websites"...whatever that rude comment means!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tinstew View Post
    Ok, so ignoring the ignorant and unhelpful comment,
    Actually, it was not ignorant, nor unhelpful. It was very specifically addressing a serious root problem: intentional unauthorized misuse of copyrighted images.
    Your comment, however, is specifically rude and offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinstew View Post
    I am assuming that you are using a supplier who provided you url links to images instead of the actual files?
    No, that's *not* what they were saying. If you go back and re-read their post, they *specifically* say they intend to search google for images to download, using an automated process.
    There is no indication of any intent to vet each image for suitability and copyright compliance.

Teaching someone how to breach copyright is neither ethical nor legal. As such, it has no place on this Zen Cart forum ... which is why I answered their post with a question and a warning, rather than with a how-to.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: I need to SEARCH Google and save hundreds of images

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ... which is why I answered their post with a question and a warning, rather than with a how-to.
    Good for you DrByte

Can you Please help me on something? I Don't use any mod of zen carts for froogle.....just simply have made my database offline and then upload to froogle.

But, my images don't show up at all.

1) How and WHERE do I upload all my product images so that they have a STATIC (unchanging) url? and please baby step me folder by folder...meaning if you tell me to put them in an 'images' folder...please tell me which one....in admin or in my store's image folder etc...really lost on the path to save in.

2) Exactly what folder do I upload the images to?

3) Does it matter what I name the images now while we're still a small store so as to not have a problem should we decide to ever use EasyPopulate later on in the future?

I will so so appreciate yours or someone else's help on any or all of these 3 questions.
    Last edited by helpmeplease; 8 Mar 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: forgot icon

Plugin Contributions

tinstew... you make what has to be the biggest faux pas in the history of the forum...

You churlishly INSULT the man who is the principal architect behind zencart.

You will wish that you never did this, because the fleas of ten thousand rancid camels will infest your nether-regions, delivering and intchiness never herefore experienced in the history of the world.

If you are male, may your wife have endless affairs with filthy postmen.

If you are female, may your spouse suffer from an infinity of penile limpitude...

.., and may your webserver crash with the force of a hale-bopp comet...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    tinstew... you make what has to be the biggest faux pas in the history of the forum...

You churlishly INSULT the man who is the principal architect behind zencart.

You will wish that you never did this, because the fleas of ten thousand rancid camels will infest your nether-regions, delivering and intchiness never herefore experienced in the history of the world.

If you are male, may your wife have endless affairs with filthy postmen.

If you are female, may your spouse suffer from an infinity of penile limpitude...

.., and may your webserver crash with the force of a hale-bopp comet...
    HELPMEPLEASE has asked (and politely I might add) for help on three questions he had.

I have to say, your comments might be uncalled for.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    HELPMEPLEASE has asked (and politely I might add) for help on three questions he had.

I have to say, your comments might be uncalled for.
    Yes I noticed that Clyde.. hence my rapid edit! I've had a few glasses of good Bordeaux tonight!
    20 years a Zencart User