Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Newby needs to costumize

I found the code for that home link. It was pretty cryptic. It was:

<?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>

on the tpl_footer.php template page. I just deleted it, I hope that was the right thing to do. seems ok so far.

Plugin Contributions

If you deleted that last </li>, you have a hanging <li> still in the code. Go back and delete that so you have balanced tags.
    Otherwise, you got it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Yeah, looks like i left one in there. I deleted it. I am moving forward with a bunch of other stuff and I think I will need help with the following:

1. Do not allow add to cart unless one of the values in each available attribute is selected.

2. Grid view for products category display

3. There is a page that comes up after you use the trash icon to empty a shopping cart. "Your shopping cart is empty, new products for January". I would rather the customer get sent back to the last product info page he/she was on or the last category product listing he/she was on.

4. I would like to use pop up lists for the links in the footer bar so that I can condense it and add more links like those from the information links side box. Any recommendations?

5. Is there a log out link anywhere that I can recycle and put with my list at the top of the page?

Plugin Contributions

1: Use a dummy attribute in each set that says "Select" or whatever, and make that one "Default" and "Display Only" when adding it to the product.

2: Column Layout Grid mod in Free Addons.

3:...

4:Clydejones has a Footer Menu mod which may help you add links easily. I have also done an ez-page footer columns mod (not yet released) that will definitely let you add and organize links easily. To get a pop-up style, you would probably have to adapt one of the CSS dropdown/flyout menus or something else.

5: The header navbar has a logout link which is only active when a user is logged in, and you could adapt/transplant that code.

1: I used the "print only" attribute as the default and display only value added the print only price to the product as the product price, since that is the base price. However I am now getting an error message when adding print only to the cart. "invalid option values selected"

previously I had the product price at 0 and only priced the attributes.

The product I am trying this with is A-2-23 in the animals category.

Plugin Contributions

You don't set a real option as Default/Display Only; make a new option value for the relevant option name (in Option Values Manager) called "Select" or whatever you like, and add that as an attribute with Default and Display Only.

Ok, I guess I just don't like the idea of having a value being displayed that is not usable, or maybe I am misunderstanding. Did you do that on your cart? I will take a look at it again.

On another note, I got the grid add on up and working. I would like to adjust the vertical spacing to my liking and change the vertical alignment per image to center. I haven't been able to figure that out.

yeah, I like your product info page. How you can only select one option, and the prices are attached to the option with no starting price. And one option always has to be selected. how did you set that up?

Plugin Contributions

In my case, there is generally one basic version of the product that will be most likely to be chosen, and with the only price display on the options, confusion is minimized.

I set the basic option as Default, and enter the total price for each option attribute, with a blank instead of a + in the prefix field. This can easily become too complex to work; three either/or variables (silver/gold, pin/pendant, with/without stone) means eight buttons, which is about the limit of practicality. I would have a separate option set for with/without stone, except that that price difference is dependent on whether the piece is silver or gold.

You can hide the "Select" radiobutton with CSS because each button has a unique id, so it is possible to start with no visible selections, yet force a conscious choice to be made rather than rely on a default. This will be something like

#attrib12-34, #attrib12-34+label {display: none;}

to hide the Select button for that option set on every product.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast