Plugin Contributions

Default Image Handler 2: Add image for one product and it appears on several others as well!

Hi All,

This has been driving me mad for a while now and I can't find anyone else who's had the problem. I've searched all over and drawn a blank but I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere.

I have a few variations of similar products, often they are copies of the same product in the same category (I say this because I wonder if it is relevant), and when I add an image to one product through image handler it turns up on the other (or several other) products as well. If I delete it off the secondary, unwanted, product it deletes it back off the one I want it on as well!

I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried adding a suffix, and I can't think what else to try.

Here are my two products:
    http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/fli...-in-for-1.2ghz
    http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/fli...400-goggles-rx

Many thanks for your help

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 2: Add image for one product and it appears on several others as we

Did you Link or Duplicate?
    Copy Attributes or not?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 2: Add image for one product and it appears on several others as we

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I copied - its not a duplicate. I did copy the attributes.

Many thanks

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, my reply doesn't make sense.

It is a duplicate, not a linked product. I did copy the attributes also.

Thanks

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Hopefully this makes sense on a half a cuppa coffee - when I have an image say "xyz.jpg" that belong to item "123" and have an item "xyz", "xyz.jpg" will show up for "xyz" product even if you don't upload it to that particular product. I always make sure my pics are renamed to each specific product.

So, in a nutshell, check your pic file name & make sure it doesn't correspond to the product you DON'T want it to show up for.
    Completed: BellaFavori.com
    In Progress: WeddingDivasLV.com
    Coming Soon: ???

Plugin Contributions

That did sort of solve it thanks. Because I had a common image across several of my products (which I want - its the pack shot and they all share the same pack) all of the subsequent photos were being name "fpv_packshot_01.jpg", "fpv_packshot_02.jpg", etc.

I deleted the "fpv_packshot.jpg" from this product, renamed it "12_packshot.jpg", reuploaded it, then uploaded my subsequent photos of the 1.2 ("12") product and sure enough they were name "12_packshot_01.jpg","12_packshot_02.jpg" and were kept separate of the other images and didn't appear on the other products. Problem fixed!

Many thanks indeed for helping me with that - I really appreciate it.

Simon