Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Define Text doesn't appear on my template, can I add it back in?

Hi,

The template that I use (you can see my site here: www.firstpersonview.co.uk) does not show the define text on the home page if I set it (I've tried going back to the original green template and it does work for that).

This means I can't have any opening descriptive text about my business.

I've tried following a trail from index.php > tpl_main_page.php > main_template_vars.php > header_php.php thinking I would eventually get to where it has been disabled in my template and add it back in. I've failed miserably though unfortunately.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction as to where the normal template includes the define_page text and where it should be in a template to work properly?

Many thanks indeed for your help in advance.

Sincerely

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Text doesn't appear on my template, can I add it back in?

Is it enabled?

Admin/Configuration/Define Page Status
    Doug

Plugin Contributions

If that setting is on, check the files:
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php

Line #33 : <?php if (DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS >= 1 and DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS <= 2) { ?>
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_default.php

Line #32 : <?php if (DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS >= 1 and DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS <= 2) { ?>
    Does your templates and overrides have that code in them?

If not, look at the original files and find the missing IF statements ... they should look similar to:
    Code:
    <?php if (DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS >= 1 and DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS <= 2) { ?>
    <?php
    /**
     * get the Define Main Page Text
     */
    ?>
    <div id="indexDefaultMainContent" class="content"><?php require($define_page); ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and so thoroughly too!

If I am right in understanding what an override directory is (the identical path but with my template name in there IE /includes/templates/template046/templates/tpl_index_categories.php in my case) then weirdly those lines of code are there in both files, but I don't get the feature text showing up.

Have I misunderstood where I should be looking for the override directory? Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks again for your help - I really appreciate it

Happy Christmas!

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you have misunderstood how the override system in general, works with Custom Templates. Use the FAQ link at top of this page and search using "overrides" to get more information.

To answer your immediate question, you need to do the following.

Copy this dir:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic

To this dir - you will need to manually create this dir.
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/template046

The file you need to edit is:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/template046/define_main_page.php

Note: probably easiest to edit the 'define' page on your personal computer then upload it. It will replace the previous one and you should see your changes.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did intitially do as you said and I already have a folder with the name that you suggested with a define_main_page.html inside it (and a define_testimonials_add.php inside). However I followed your instructions and renamed the existing folder, replacing it with a copy of includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic.

I now have exactly the same result. No define text appears on the screen with the theme046 template set.

It does work with the Green Classic template enabled so somehow when I activate the Theme046 template it disables feature text. Weird.

Thanks a lot for your help

Simon

Plugin Contributions

I've attached 3 screenshots to show what I mean. Its there with the Green template, but nowhere to be found with theme046.

I figured the template simply commented out, or was missing, the lines to include the feature text but since the code is there I'm stumped.

Any help much appreciated!

All the best

Simon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (27.2 KB, 160 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (24.8 KB, 153 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (37.4 KB, 148 views)

Plugin Contributions

I've might have made some progress but I'm still confused...

I edited the file includes/templates/theme046/templates/tpl_index_default.php as follows (basically to force it to include the feature text whether the if statement is true or not):

<div id="indexDefaultMainContent" class="content"><?php require($define_page); ?></div>
    <?php if (DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS >= '1' and DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS <= '2'){ ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * get the Define Main Page Text
    */
    /*
    ?>
    <?php */ } ?>

It worked and the feature text appeared. The page it reads in is the one from includes/languages/english/html_includes/theme046/define_main_page.php

I guess DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS is the switch set in the admin area which is definitely on because feature text appears on the Green template. But why does the code seem to think that feature text is turned off in the theme046 template? I can't explain that!

Any suggestions much appreciated.

All the best

Simon

Plugin Contributions

I added the following line and thought it was even more weird because the result was 1:

<?php echo DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS ?>

Then I realised that the code in my page is looking for '1' (a string) not 1 (a number) when compared to Ajeh's code earlier.

I removed the 's and everything is working fine now.

Thanks everyone you've all been a great help and I really appreciate it.

All the best

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    The file you need to edit is:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/template046/define_main_page.php
    Not sure why you are doing all the other stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast