red flag PLEASE HELP - untrusted certificate during checkout/payment on our website

We are looking to transfer an existing Zen Cart website and are looking for a new host to duplicate it over to the new server and setup a SSL. The problem we have is we need a SSL for Zen Cart website, we have been having problems on our current host/server due to cannot get a SSL, only a vanity SSL because of something to do with open source. Now our renewed vanity SSL certificate is throwing untrusted certificate errors in firefox.

The new host I am looking into is asking about what control panel we use. Our current control panel we use is just through an internet browser and we login at myhosting.com - I have FTP manager and File Manager and MySQL administration

The new host I am looking to says they can transfer the database only if you have cPanel, control panel.

We have our zen cart website on a Linux shared servers with MYSQL and cannot get a SSL of our own with our current host

Does anyone reading this have any suggestions? We make $2000 a day in sales on this website and really need it up and running properly asap

we starting having issues December 30 2009 with our just renewed vanity SSL throwing a untrusted certificate message in firefox. Our host says they cant fix it, that is is valid but will not show so in firefox. Always has until Dec 30th when it was renewed.

if you go to this in firefox you might can see it:

https://hpmicrcartridgecom.secure.myhosting.net

or try to buy something in firefox and go to checkout at

http://www.hpmicrcartridge.com
    At Laser Cartridge Plus you will find great savings on Toner Cartridge and Ink Cartridge supplies! Excellent savings on HP Toner Cartridges too!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PLEASE HELP - untrusted certificate during checkout/payment on our website

The new host I am looking to says they can transfer the database only if you have cPanel, control panel.
    Strange ideas some hosts have...suggest you checkout
    certified zencart hosts...LINK top pf this page...
    For those high sales, vanity ssl is a must and affordable...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PLEASE HELP - untrusted certificate during checkout/payment on our website

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiowoman View Post
    we have been having problems on our current host/server due to cannot get a SSL, only a vanity SSL because of something to do with open source.
    It amazes me how hosts that feed this kind of balderdash manage to stay in business. !!!!!

This new host isn't going to be any better for you than the old.

Does anyone reading this have any suggestions?
    Yes, keep looking for another host. You've landed a couple of duds.

Any other suggestion wouldn't be in your best interests.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I would guess that they aren't saying that you can't move your site (and database) to their hosting unless you're currently using CPanel, just that if you want them to move the site (for free, usually) it would need to be CPanel.

I'll agree with the others - you need a new host. I would take a look at the Certified Hosts. If you're doing that kind of business, you really need a host that 'gets' Zencart for best results.

Plugin Contributions

AND get a dedicated SSL certificate... (much more professional and reliable than shared SSL)
    20 years a Zencart User

Thank you all so much for your help. I have found a wonderful new host that is in the certified hosts from the link on this forum at the top of the page. They had me up and running in less than 12 hours with my own SSL on their server. No more untrusted certificate issues and no more stupid unhelpful hosts!

Camelot Hosting is great. Thanks again!
    At Laser Cartridge Plus you will find great savings on Toner Cartridge and Ink Cartridge supplies! Excellent savings on HP Toner Cartridges too!

Plugin Contributions

I hope a LOT of people see your post... and discover that a good host is an extremely cost-efficient and time-efficient solution.

I always wonder at the logic of people who doggedly stick to a cheap-and-nasty host... but are prepared to spend hundreds of hours on the forum, frantic for solutions that probably don't exist.

Rather get a reliable host, pay marginally more, and devote your time to RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS, SELLING PRODUCTS and MAKING a PROFIT.... which is what Scorpiowoman understands well, it seems!
    20 years a Zencart User