Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flexible Attributes support

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    If that is not what you want, maybe you mean to have the Right/Left Eye line up with the labels that follow?

Right Eye QTY (RE) PWR (RE) BC (RE) DIA (RE)
    . . . . . . . . . . [] . . . . . [] . . . . . . [] . . . . . []

Your stylesheet comments out the rules and properties that would do just that:
    Code:
    /*#wAttrib-20 {clear: left; float: left;}*/
    /*#wAttrib-20, #wAttrib-21, #wAttrib-22, #wAttrib-23, #wAttrib-24 {float: left;}*/
    #wAttrib-21, #wAttrib-22, #wAttrib-23, #wAttrib-24 {float: left;}

#wAttrib-25 {clear: left; /*float: left;*/}/*this will sit on a new line*/
    #wAttrib-26, #wAttrib-27, #wAttrib-28, #wAttrib-29 {float: left;}
    Tried that. Won't work.

This is something what I want:

http://www.i-contacts.co.nz/shopping...8093d77ad9bbd4

It is done in zen-cart. Had email the store to ask for help but no reply.

Anyway. I've found a way to so the problem. This is what i did:

/*attribute layout*/
    .wrapperAttribsOptions label {font-size: 1.0em;}/*make "label" elements match other text*/
    h3#attribsOptionsText {display: none;}/*'Display: None;' to hide the "Please Choose:" heading*/
    h4.optionName {font-size: 1.0em;}
    .wrapperAttribsOptions+br.clearBoth {display: none;}/*allow floated attributes to sit side by side if desired*/

/*This line aligns all Right Eye attributes in one roll(first roll)*/
    #wAttrib-20, #wAttrib-21, #wAttrib-22, #wAttrib-23, #wAttrib-24 {float: left;}
    /*#wAttrib-21, #wAttrib-22, #wAttrib-23, #wAttrib-24 {float: left;}*/

/*For some unknown freak reason that I can't get Attributes 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 line up all together the next roll,
    I created Attribute 30 to do a 'roll break'.*/
    #wAttrib-30 {clear: left;}/*this will sit on a new line*/
    #wAttrib-30 .attribsOptions {display: none;}/*for a read-only attribute to hide all but comments*/

/*This line aligns all Left Eye attributes in another roll(second roll)*/
    #wAttrib-25, #wAttrib-26, #wAttrib-27, #wAttrib-28, #wAttrib-29 {float: left;}

/*Aline Dropdown Box Below Attribute's OptionName*/
    #wAttrib-20 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-21 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-22 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-23 .back {float: none;},
    #wAttrib-24 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-25 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-26 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-27 .back {float: none;},
    #wAttrib-28 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-29 .back {float: none;}

/**EOF**/

This is the result:
    http://cplens.com/index.php?main_pag...3755054f1b3f45

Now, I need to align the attributes so that they look uniform like in an army squard.

I need to put a "heading" for the attributes so that it looks like this:

1st Row: (Blank Space) QTY PWR BC DIA

2nd Row: Right Eye [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] <-- drop down boxes for items mentioned in first roll.

3rd Row: Left Eye [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Also, I need to add up RE and LE's QTY so that they can be total up in the shopping cart quantity box. Any suggestion please?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I managed to solve the horizontal alignment issue.

This is what I did:

/*attribute layout*/
    .wrapperAttribsOptions label {font-size: 1.0em;}/*make "label" elements match other text*/
    h3#attribsOptionsText {display: none;}/*'Display: None;' to hide the "Please Choose:" heading*/
    .wrapperAttribsOptions+br.clearBoth {display: none;}/*allow floated attributes to sit side by side if desired*/
    /*Blank space above 'Right Eye, RE(OD)' Attribute.*/
    #wAttrib-35 {clear: left;}/*this will sit on a new line*/
    #wAttrib-35 .attribsOptions {display: none;}/*for a read-only attribute to hide all but comments*/

/*This line aligns all attributes' discription in one roll(first roll)*/
    #wAttrib-35 {float: left; width: 12em;} /*This line ensures 'Right Eye, RE(OD)' is displayed with enough column width.*/
    #wAttrib-36, #wAttrib-37, #wAttrib-38, #wAttrib-38, #wAttrib-39, #wAttrib-40, #wAttrib-41 {float: left; width: 7em;}

/*This line aligns all Right Eye attributes in one roll(second roll)*/
    #wAttrib-20 {float: left; width: 12em;} /*This line ensures 'Right Eye, RE(OD)' is displayed with enough column width.*/
    #wAttrib-21, #wAttrib-22, #wAttrib-23, #wAttrib-24, #wAttrib-31, #wAttrib-32 {float: left; width: 7em;}

/*For some unknown freak reason that I can't get Attributes 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 line up all together the next roll,
    #wAttrib-30 .attribsOptions {display: none;}/*for a read-only attribute to hide all but comments*/

/*This line aligns all Left Eye attributes in one roll(third roll)*/
    #wAttrib-25 {float: left; width: 12em;} /*This line ensures 'Left Eye, LE(OS)' is displayed with enough column width.*/
    #wAttrib-26, #wAttrib-27, #wAttrib-28, #wAttrib-29 ,#wAttrib-33, #wAttrib-34 {float: left; width: 7em;}

/*Align Dropdown Box Below Attribute's OptionName*/
    /**
    #wAttrib-20 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-21 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-22 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-23 .back {float: none;},
    #wAttrib-24 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-25 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-26 .back {float: none;}, #wAttrib-27 .back {float: none;},
    **/

/*Sizing comments above Right Eye and Left Eye attributes to bold text with 1em text size*/
    #wAttrib-20, #wAttrib-25 h3 {font-size: 1em; font-weight: bold;}

/*Eliminate attributes' option name (other than 'Righte Eye' and 'Left Eye')*/
    #wAttrib-21 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-22 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-23 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-24 h4 {display: none;},
    #wAttrib-26 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-27 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-28 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-29 h4 {display: none;},
    #wAttrib-31 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-32 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-33 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-34 h4 {display: none;}

/**EOF**/

This is the result:

Now I need to add both RE's QTY and LE's QTY to Shopping Cart's QTY total. Can anyone direct me to a forum discussion that address this issue please?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

To hide the legend above each dropdown, you can do something like this:

#wAttrib-26 h4 {display: none;}

To add the quantities will take custom coding; only javascript can do it in real time so the customer sees the total change before adding to cart.

The site you mentioned uses a custom-coded table with the attributes inserted into cells, and javascript for a bunch of custom-coded features. It is a job for an experienced javascript developer.

That's why one of the dropdowns was missing its legend when I looked at it - you were in the process of doing what I was about to advise:)

Plugin Contributions

If you read my reply on this post earlier I gave you a pretty good setup to go with for the attributes, including positioning and such, I did the same thing a few days ago.

Now I need to add both RE's QTY and LE's QTY to Shopping Cart's QTY total. Can anyone direct me to a forum discussion that address this issue please?
    You need to make all of your products priced by attribute, and build a product template to apply price factoring values for the two qty fields (That's how I did it anyway). In my case I also made the base price a hidden read only attribute.

The next issue after adding all the attributes, is probably server load. I've found that the queries go through the roof. You seem to have a good load speed so far... what host are you on?

http://opticalnow.ca/index.php?main_...products_id=10
    Last edited by thedjphat; 15 Dec 2010 at 08:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I would advise taking the value "-" out of cyl and axis, so they can be suppressed, and not show up unless they are needed.

My site has horrible load times at the moment but you can see that I've done most of this already over the last few weeks. If I can help, I will. Also, check the thread over here to get more on topic.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedjphat View Post
    If you read my reply on this post earlier I gave you a pretty good setup to go with for the attributes, including positioning and such, I did the same thing a few days ago.

You need to make all of your products priced by attribute, and build a product template to apply price factoring values for the two qty fields (That's how I did it anyway). In my case I also made the base price a hidden read only attribute.

The next issue after adding all the attributes, is probably server load. I've found that the queries go through the roof. You seem to have a good load speed so far... what host are you on?

http://opticalnow.ca/index.php?main_...products_id=10
    opps! din pay attention to your post earlier.

anyway, i saw your site. i had tried adding up the price by attributes before. honestly, i have no problem with doing that but there is one problem: the QTY displayed in the shopping cart is always 1 -- no matter how many boxes or quantity we (the customers) declared for our order in the product info page.

Hence, if we (the website designers, ie, you and I) are going to use the option of adding up price by attributes, we have to get rid of the QTY display inside the shopping cart. Off hand, I dunno where or how to do it.

I had learn progamming in my computer games design and development diploma earlier (DarkBASIC) and if I am not wrong, the attributes values are "Text" where as the value for the QTY in the Shopping Cart is "Numbers" -- and they are not linked.

If I know where is the code that adds up the shopping cart quantity total and the code for my customed attributes (QTY) are physically written, I may be able to link them like this (somthing like this):

ShoppingCart_QTY = Attrib_QTY(RE) + Attrib_QTY(LE) /*names for each element in the formula is not the real names declared in the real script*/

Unfortunately, I do not know where the codes are physically written.

And yes, I do not know javascript... T_T

I am using hawkhost.
    Last edited by windchaser; 15 Dec 2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo error

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedjphat View Post
    I would advise taking the value "-" out of cyl and axis, so they can be suppressed, and not show up unless they are needed.

My site has horrible load times at the moment but you can see that I've done most of this already over the last few weeks. If I can help, I will. Also, check the thread over here to get more on topic.

Based on my php coding knowledge, which is ZERO, it leaves me to no choice as I have to keep my option names and values to the minimal to avoid future confusion and simplicity for creating future product info pages.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by windchaser View Post
    I managed to solve the horizontal alignment issue.

This is what I did:

/*attribute layout*/
    /*Blank space above 'Right Eye, RE(OD)' Attribute.*/
    #wAttrib-35 {clear: left;}/*this will sit on a new line*/
    #wAttrib-35 .attribsOptions {display: none;}/*for a read-only attribute to hide all but comments*/

/*This line aligns all attributes' discription in one roll(first roll)*/
    #wAttrib-35 {float: left; width: 12em;} /*This line ensures 'Right Eye, RE(OD)' is displayed with enough column width.*/
    #wAttrib-36, #wAttrib-37, #wAttrib-38, #wAttrib-38, #wAttrib-39, #wAttrib-40, #wAttrib-41 {float: left; width: 7em;}

/*This line aligns all Right Eye attributes in one roll(second roll)*/
    #wAttrib-20 {float: left; width: 12em;} /*This line ensures 'Right Eye, RE(OD)' is displayed with enough column width.*/
    #wAttrib-21, #wAttrib-22, #wAttrib-23, #wAttrib-24, #wAttrib-31, #wAttrib-32 {float: left; width: 7em;}

/*This line aligns all Left Eye attributes in one roll(third roll)*/
    #wAttrib-25 {float: left; width: 12em;} /*This line ensures 'Left Eye, LE(OS)' is displayed with enough column width.*/
    #wAttrib-26, #wAttrib-27, #wAttrib-28, #wAttrib-29 ,#wAttrib-33, #wAttrib-34 {float: left; width: 7em;}

/*Align Dropdown Box Below Attribute's OptionName*/
    /**
    **/

/*Sizing comments above Right Eye and Left Eye attributes to bold text with 1em text size*/
    #wAttrib-20, #wAttrib-25 h3 {font-size: 1em; font-weight: bold;}

/*Eliminate attributes' option name (other than 'Righte Eye' and 'Left Eye')*/
    #wAttrib-21 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-22 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-23 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-24 h4 {display: none;},
    #wAttrib-26 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-27 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-28 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-29 h4 {display: none;},
    #wAttrib-31 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-32 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-33 h4 {display: none;}, #wAttrib-34 h4 {display: none;}

/**EOF**/

This is the result:

Thanks.
    Oh yar. For people who wonder what is Attribute 30 and 35, they are actually 'Blank Space 002' and 'Blank Space 001' respectively, which I further hide their Option Name discription using the script provided in the module.

I did this after some trial and error with the earlier version of my script and found out how to by pass the bug (if it is, or whatsoever freak reason that what supposed to be joint together in one roll are not).

The 4 lines (2 lines for each blank space) is written base on the rule -- Visual Arts is all about visual illusion.

If we can't get the expected visual result in one solution, use another -- so long it looks what it supposed to looks like!

Cheers!
    Last edited by windchaser; 15 Dec 2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typo error

Plugin Contributions

... oh yes, i also need to convert values for Attrib_QTY(RE) and Attrib_QTY(LE) from TEXT to Numbers -- which, of course, I do not know how it is to be done in php! T.T...

Plugin Contributions

It seems you have complicated the layout elements quite a bit to get back to something like the layout you had before, with two rows (not "rolls") of attribute dropdowns... but if it works now, maybe better not to try to fix it more.
    Specifically, #wAttrib-20 and #wAttrib-25 no longer have the clear: left; that made them start on new lines, so you introduced new attributes with a bunch of styling to do the job.

There is a PHP operator called (int) that you can put before a variable to cast its type to an integer.
    $variable = (int)$variable_old;

This would convert text numerals to a numeric value.
    As for where to apply it, I haven't explored that part of the code to be able to advise.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast