Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flexible Attributes support

Quote Originally Posted by windchaser View Post
    ... oh yes, i also need to convert values for Attrib_QTY(RE) and Attrib_QTY(LE) from TEXT to Numbers -- which, of course, I do not know how it is to be done in php! T.T...
    No need. the text is just the English description value, the price factor is added to the value in another field.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...177#post970177

the last few posts of this thread will show you how to set your products to suppress the quantity box via the catalog.

You will find however, that the attribute set made for quantity has to be plugged into each product with a template, as the price factors don't stay the way they are set unless doing it this way. (correct me if I'm wrong folks)

Plugin Contributions

Please keep your posts about contact lenses directed to the correct thread, I made one for this purpose.

Oh, and THANKS TO YOU! developers and maintainers of the flexible attributes mods, and also to gjh42 personally for all the brain food ;)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedjphat View Post
    No need. the text is just the English description value, the price factor is added to the value in another field.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...177#post970177

the last few posts of this thread will show you how to set your products to suppress the quantity box via the catalog.

You will find however, that the attribute set made for quantity has to be plugged into each product with a template, as the price factors don't stay the way they are set unless doing it this way. (correct me if I'm wrong folks)
    Can elaborate more about the term "suppress", please.

I had tried add on the Product Attribute Grd Module after our coversation in the forum last night but not only it didn't produce what I want, it actually made all my attributes line up in one column again!

Had to revert it back. Lucky I backup the two affecting php files!

Anyway, I also found this morning that what I saw "good" in Maxon Internet Browser (my default browser) is actually not so good in IE!

Had to redo part of my script also.

It looks fine now in IE now.

My problem still lies on getting the quanty attributes to add up to the shopping cart quantity total. Will go and see the thread you mentioned. Thanks.

I will however, when everthing is done nicely, going to paste a SOP (Standard Operation Procedure) of how to get this contact lense attributes line up and add up thing onto this thread as well as the other two threads ('two products on in product page' and 'Zen-Cart for contect lenses'), so that others (new comers) will have less pain finding solution for these issues -- a token appreciation for all help given to me in getting this thing done!

Plugin Contributions

Just downloaded this for use with 1.3.9h - any chance of a summary of the edits needed for compatability, I spotted a couple reading through the thread and dont want to miss any.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Posts 21 and 33 above both refer to the same changed file (/includes/modules/attributes.php), and describe different paths to the same edits to update it. The change is only for PHP5.3 compatibility.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, I don't need the edits as i am on 5.2.9.

I was able to use this add-in to resolve what I consider a bug in the layout when using a 'read-only' attribute - the attribute name and read-only text content are out of horiziontal alignment by about 0.5em.

Plugin Contributions

this mod is so great !!!!!!!!!!

could i add border ? (plese check the image below)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

A single border as you show would require that there be one element enclosing those two attributes. That would require a bunch of custom coding and manual settings for attribute ids.

You could make a top/left/bottom border for the 14ky and a top/right/bottom border for the 14kw, and give them both fixed heights so they would match up.

BrettBGS Guest

Hi,

This is a great mod! I'm not sure if this is possible though. Can I move the position of my attribute comments to underneath (and right aligned) with the attribute label?

I've tried using padding, or even relative positioning but that does not allow space for the actual text/comments to be dropped in and can overwrite what is there.

What is the best way to move the comments left and under my attributes? Here's my product page where I need it done:
    http://www.thedreamtime.com/store/in...roducts_id=182

Thanks,
    -Brett

BrettBGS Guest

Hi,

This is a great mod! I'm not sure if this is possible though. Can I move the position of my attribute comments to underneath (and right aligned) with the attribute label?

I've tried using padding, or even relative positioning but that does not allow space for the actual text/comments to be dropped in and can overwrite what is there.

What is the best way to move the comments left and under my attributes? Here's my product page where I need it done:
    http://www.thedreamtime.com/store/in...roducts_id=182

You can see from this image what I'm trying to achieve (the red text next to each label is how I would like the comments to appear).

Thanks,
    -Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast