Plugin Contributions

Default Has a viewer impared type Zoom add on button or sidebox been made for Zencart?

I have seen this available around in the web world and would like to add to my website the ability for someone to easily change the whole page magnification (Zoom) by merely clicking on a variable button of some sort. An enlargement that includes text, boxes, everything.

I know you can do this by fooling with your Mac or PC Universal Access preferences, but I would like it intuitively available on this website on all (most is ok) pages.

Has someone already made such a tool, CSS code or sidebox?
    So far I can not find in contributions or a search forum discussions on this, but then again, maybe I just don't see it
    I am using 1.37
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Has a viewer impared type Zoom add on button or sidebox been made for Zencart?

You can use ctrl +, ctrl - and ctrl 0 on your keyboard to zoom the whole screen... If it works on my 10 year old computer, it ought to work for most everyone. I would expect that most people who really need this already know about the keyboard shortcut.
    If your site needs zooming more than most sites, you could start by putting a note like

Key CONTROL + to zoom in
    CONTROL 0 to return

somewhere appropriate.
    Okay, it doesn't work in IE6, so you might not want to raise expectations for those behind the times. You could always use an IE conditional comment to hide that note for IE6 users.
    Last edited by gjh42; 4 Jan 2010 at 12:53 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Has a viewer impared type Zoom add on button or sidebox been made for Zencart?

I agree. Usually the impared Tools are handled by the operation system and not each application individually. People who require this kind of support have software and tools installed to browser normal webpages. The tools that are offered are just to make some money but I dont think that those are useful.

Plugin Contributions

Well I appreciate the responses, but I am no coder or I would do it myself.

Yes, I am aware of the keyboard commands, but there is a large population of aging folks who could find this to be a useful mouse click away and should be in all browsers. As I am teaching older folks, some in their 90's, how to use a computer for the first time, point and click is something they grasp. Not to overlook the many vain baby boomers who just wont admit they could use some reading glasses. Don't forget that everyone and their dog is getting a new fancy LCD large screen and just haven't the time to think up new key commands for all that resolution they had to have, you know with all the iphone apps, twitter, Face book uploads, the mind can hold only so much!

So please bear me, if there is already an "intuitive" add on that someone has made, or can it even be done in Zen? It could make many stores just way more cooler and if someone is inspired by my inquiry in anyway to maybe just make it! (me hoping it is not so hard), then my work is done- just let me know please?
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)