Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Install Zen Cart v1.3.8 - Instructions it comes with not working for me?

Hey guys,

im in the process of setting up my new site. I have never used Zen Cart before only OSCommerce.

Im having problems installing it. I purchased a template from template monster and I have followed instructions and cant get it to work.

Can some one tell me the exact way to install it? I mean from what files i need to upload, then where to locate the installation files etc etc.

thanks heaps for your time

regards

danny

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install Zen Cart v1.3.8 - Instructions it comes with not working

Plugin Contributions

What is it you can't get to work? Zencart or your TM template?

Plugin Contributions

Ive already gone through those tutorials, but where i keep getting stuck is the bit that says 'Upload the Zen Cart™ fileset to your webserver' which files do i upload??

also i can't find the dis-configure.php file. its not in the includes folder.

so i just want to understand something. there are 2 sections to installing zen cart, right?

1 is the zen cart software and 2nd is the template??

i need help with both, all feedback is greatly appreciated

thanks heaps

danny

Plugin Contributions

FTP all of the folders and files to your website or the folder you want to install Zen Cart in.

Alternately, you might be able to upload the zip file and unzip it on the server.

Through your webmaster panel, create a database for your Zen Cart. Make note of the database name, user ID and password.

After that, go to http://www.yourdomain.com/zc_install (if uploaded to the root) or http://www.yourdomain.com/zcfolder/zc_install (if uploaded to a separate folder). Once you do that, you'll be prompted for the rest.

Template Monster templates are notorious for being difficult to work with. There are free templates available which you can use as-is or further customize. You can see them at http://(sorry, site offline)/
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

hi there afo,

thanks for your input

i have tried that and its not working. I've uploaded all the files to the root directory but nothing happens

the site is www.itsdvdtime.com and when you go there you get some other odd message it came with from template monster,

i would get one of those templates but i already purchased one.

thanks

danny

Plugin Contributions

Load and install zencart FIRST.

DO NOT try to put in a new template until zencart standard is installed and working.

New templates are installed AFTER you get the basic zencart system up and running.

TemplateMonster templates are likely to give you big headaches down the line.

Unless you are a PHP, CSS, HTML and MySQL expert, then you should rather NOT use TM templates.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

schoolboy how do i install it first?

thez are the following files i recieved in my template.

(ive used oscommerce many times before from template monster, so i sort of got the hang of things once its installed, but never used zen cart)

the following files i got are included in my template. (CAPITAL NAMES are either folders/sub folders)

SOURCE
    - CLIP ART
    - FONT
    - IMAGES
    - PSD
    - zencart_full.sql
    - zencart_short.sql

THEME249
    - INCLUDES
    - LANGUAGES
    - MODULES
    - TEMPLATES
    - zencart_full.sql

Please if you guys can point me out. I have tried everything and dont know how to start it off

thanks heaps for your help

regards

Danny

Plugin Contributions

The /languages/, /modules/ and /templates/ folders should be inside the /includes/ folder, so all you have to do is upload the /includes/ folder to the root of your Zen Cart installation. The folders and files inside it will drop into their correct places. If there is a sql file, you should run that through admin > Tools Install SQL Patches.

All this is AFTER you have installed Zen Cart by uploading the fileset, navigating to the folder location in your browser, and running zc_install. It will walk you through the process.

Given that message, your best bet is probably to delete everything in the folder that holds your Zen Cart files and start over, installing ZC before uploading the template files.
    Last edited by gjh42; 17 Dec 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by itsDVDtime View Post
    schoolboy how do i install it first?
    What you have got is a TEMPLATE... not the zencart operating software.

CLICK HERE for the Zencart software...

UNZIP it on your home computer.

FTP the zencart software to your server.

RUN the zencart INSTALL system

CONFIGURE your store basics.

--------------------------------------------

THEN... install your TM template.

--------------------------------------------

Before you use a TM Template, you may want to read other posts on this forum about some of the issues relating to TM.

Their templates do "work", but you may have some interesting situations later when you want to make your own modifications, or add some extra features.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast