Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default how to change display cart to another page?

is there a way to show a different page, instead of the shopping cart, when set up in admin to show cart after adding product. can i change script somewhere to show a different page after adding product? of course i would like to have the message stack product successfully added, which displays when setup in admin to not show cart after adding product.

is this in init_cart_handler.php or somewhere else?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to change display cart to another page?

such as ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

would like to always show main page, never the category page, after adding item to cart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The default setting is to show the shopping-cart page ... so they can easily choose to go through checkout from there. This gives a clear path to actually completing the sale.
    Most times when people start changing that, I find they have very poor navigation options and customers find it hard to figure out *how* to actually get to checkout, and thus those merchants come back here asking why they're not getting sales.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

it won't be an issue. i'm going to make it very easy for a customer to find the checkout and view cart.

so then, is what i'm asking impossible?

i have a difficult client who wants zen cart features but without all the built-in functionality. no navigation, no product pages, no category pages, just one main page which lists all the products, where if customer clicks on an item it is added to the cart. he wants the customer to be redirected back to this main page after adding an item to cart. but on items with attributes, customer clicks on item, taken to product info page, selects attribute option, then add to cart. now customer is on category page, but we need customer to be sent back to main page, not category page. can it be done?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's not impossible ... just feels impractical. I'm assuming this is the same "difficult client" I suggested you tread carefully with in response to another oddball question you were asking here?

What is your setting for Admin->Configuration->My Store->Display Cart After Adding Product ?

Plugin Contributions

you got it

currently the setting is "false"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you set it to 'true', you'll at least not be sent to the product/category page.

Then you can deal with editing the actual behavior:

Copy /includes/init_includes/init_cart_handler.php to /includes/init_includes/overrides/init_cart_handler.php

Then change FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART here, to FILENAME_DEFAULT:
    Code:
      if (DISPLAY_CART == 'true') {
        $goto =  FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART;

DISCLAIMER: THIS APPROACH IS HIGHLY ***NOT*** RECOMMENDED. If you're reading this discussion and don't have a VERY GOOD reason for redirecting to the HOME page after adding to cart, you SHOULD NOT USE THIS CODING SUGGESTION!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

yes ok this is what i first tried to do.. i wanted to set it to true, then just change the filename link to main page instead of shopping cart, but haven't figured out how to do that. i'm not the best at figuring out the php. am i supposed to be editing init_cart_handler.php or am i in the wrong file?

Plugin Contributions

i was so excited, it seemed to work, but now the opposite is happening, only on items with attributes after adding to cart customer is redirected back to main page. now the items without attribs after adding to cart the customer is on category page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast