Plugin Contributions

Default New Items / View All Items: Only showing first letter of product description

I've been using zen cart for a couple of years. I just decided to change my layout.

Upon doing so I'm now having a problem that on the new items page, and view all items page the products description is only showing the first letter of product description.

Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

BTW: I'm using 1.3.7

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Items / View All Items: Only showing first letter of product description

And we should just guess? Give us the site URL and we almost certainly will be able to help.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Items / View All Items: Only showing first letter of product description

Plugin Contributions

In admin, what do you have in Configuaration / Product Listing / Display Product Description? To turn it off, set it to 0. Otherwise set it to a maximum number of characters. I think maybe you'll find it set to 1 at the moment. (The only problem with that theory is that when I tried setting it to 1 on one of my sites, I got the first letter followed by three dots, like "b..." and I don't see three dots on your site.) Anyway, have a look at the settings in admin.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rob,

It's actually set at 150 right now. It only does the one character when you view :all products: or view "new products".

James

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I was afraid it wouldn't be that simple.

Have a look at the product descriptions themselves, also in admin. Anything odd there? An invisible character perhaps? How did you get the product descriptions into the database? Did you use Easy Populate or something similar? Is there any chance they were created in a word processor with a style applied to the first letter, and that style carried over into the description in your database?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem with this site. http://www.alsshop.co.uk/index.php?m...e=products_new
    New products and Featured Products display only the first letter of the product description instead of 150 characters. Product descriptions on other products are turned off but when they are on they display the full description correctly.

I'm using 1.39 but the data has been imported from 1.3.0.